Build the Ultimate Town with TownCraft – Available Now for iPhone
Sydney, Australia – The Aussie developer Flat Earth Games announced today it has released the crafting-building-exploration game TownCraft for iPhone and Mac. TownCraft offers players the chance to satisfy their building urges, crafting a variety of unusual tools and constructing entirely new towns from the ground up. Originally released on the iPad last year, TownCraft for iPhone and Mac adds a whole new level of polish, content, depth, and replay value highlighted by four new levels, 30 new resources, new building types and structures, 44 new quests and much more, all without any in-app purchases ever.
“We’re so glad to finally see TownCraft out on iPhone and Mac today,” said Leigh Harris, Lead Designer. “We put a lot of effort into making the game the best it can be for both new platforms. Our hope is that new players and the community see our dedication and love of TownCraft now and well into the future.”
TownCraft is a simple yet addictive building and crafting game that’s easy to get into, non-violent, and engages one’s desire to discover, create and explore. Set in medieval times, players are alone in the wilderness and must start a new town to become the toast of the kingdoms. Gamers begin by crafting the most basic of tools, tying a sharpened stone to a small piece of wood as a hatchet and, before long, their town will be teeming with travellers from all across the land. They’ll buy wares at the local shops, come to check out the sights, have some food, and drink at the tavern players build. Fish, farm, forage, mine, mill, and explore the bizarre and distinctive world of TownCraft.
Key Features in TownCraft:
* Play a new world every time – no two worlds will ever be the same thanks to procedurally generated maps
* Test your skills at crafting, with hundreds of different objects to create, shape, and construct
* Build bridges, jetties, workshops and windmills in the effort to create a fully functioning and self-sufficient town
* Order around muck-ridden peasants, who will manage one’s gold mines, stone quarries, crop fields, lakes, shops and taverns
* Play in a world with a real-time day and night cycle – workers will wake up, go to work, hit the tavern to meet some passing travellers later at night, and then get some shut-eye again
* Explore each new world and unearth countless resources, from cotton to canary eggs, gold to grapes, wheat to wax and stone to silver
* Follow an off-beat story as kingdoms vie for control
Pricing and Availability:
TownCraft is produced with the support of Screen Australia, and is currently available for the iPad and iPhone on the APP Store for $4.99 USD (with no in-app purchases); the Mac version is available for $9.99.
Founded in January 2012 and headquartered in Sydney, Australia, Flat Earth Games was created by Rohan and Leigh Harris. This is a tale of two Australian brothers who grew up playing games (as brothers do), never expecting to one day make their own. Imagine their surprise when they find themselves with a distribution partner, funding and a development team bringing TownCraft to life. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Flat Earth Games. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases