WritePad 6.0 for iPad now live at the App Store
The iPad version of PhatWare’s WritePad, the note-taking and handwriting recognition app, gets a major update today with the launch of version 6.0. The major new feature in 6.0 is multilingual handwriting recognition supporting seven languages.
WritePad offers a better, more natural way to input text when writing notes or entering info in your calendar, contacts, etc. The press release appears below:
PhatWare Corporation announces today the immediate availability of WritePad 6.0 for iPad, enabling vastly improved text input in the user’s own handwriting. WritePad 6.0 features new multilingual handwriting recognition technology supporting seven languages, including English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish. WritePad now also allows users to look up word definitions, and comes equipped with improved Twitter support.
WritePad is an advanced note-taker for iOS, which converts practically any handwriting into computer text. Notes created with WritePad can be sent via email, tweeted, posted on a Facebook wall, printed, exported as PDF, translated to other languages, synchronized with Dropbox, and exchanged directly between two or more iOS devices. WritePad also features integration with events, contacts, maps, and other iPad resources.
With WritePad, users can:
- Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
- Improve productivity by using inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
- Improve overall handwriting recognition quality using WritePad’s Statistical Analyzer, which addresses common recognition errors. When enabled, this WritePad feature learns and adapts to the user’s own handwriting style.
- Email, Tweet, print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad. Version 6.0 supports system Twitter accounts.
- Synchronize WritePad documents with Dropbox, Evernote, and iTunes, or upload documents to Google Docs.
- Translate documents to 13 supported languages using Bing Translator.
- Change WritePad’s appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature.
Check out a video demonstration of WritePad below:
WritePad Availability and Pricing
WritePad 6.0 for iPad is available in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish languages and can be purchased via the iTunes App Store for $9.99. The price includes handwriting recognition in a language of the user’s choice. Support for additional languages can be purchased in-app for just $2.99 per language. The US English Medical dictionary is also available for WritePad 6.0 for $4.99. WritePad 6.0 for iPhone is also available and is sold separately for $3.99. For more information about the WritePad product line, please visit PhatWare’s web site at http://www.phatware.com/writepad.
Filed: Featured • iPad • iPadmodo • Productivity • Updates