Surfcube 4 – 3D web browser for Windows Phone 7 Mango
SurfCube 4 is now available in the Windows Phone Marketplace. SurfCube is a feature packed browser that has just been updated for Mango phones.
What’s new with SurfCube 4:
- New bottom menu to help new users get up to speed quickly
- Portal reading mode – set any page to open its links in a new tab or a background tab. With this feature, you can just browse through the start page of a portal, tap on the links you like, and they will open automatically in a background tab. Then just flip through the tabs to read the interesting articles without ever returning to the article list.
- Enhanced video player – support for HTML5 videos, much better seeking experience, better YouTube support.
- Full HTML5 compatibility – we are using the Internet Explorer engine, with GPU acceleration and a 100/100 Acid 3 test score.
- Pin multiple sites to the start screen – When you have multiple tabs open, you can pin them to the start screen. Then you can reopen the same tabs from the start screen with a single tap. Very useful if you have a couple of sites (like tech news) that you want to check together every morning.
- Supports Mango’s Fast App Switching – switch back and forth between SurfCube and other apps without delay
- Clock and connection status is now visible on the top face – it is important to be able to check connection info and clock while using a browser. Now you can do it without leaving SurfCube by just going to the top face of the cube
- Share a page via Twitter, Facebook, Windows Live and LinkedIn – we are using the built-in social sharing features of Mango. You won’t need to re-enter your credentials to SurfCube, it just works!
- Enhanced landscape support – more space for favorites and history, and if you are using quick tabs, they can be put on the right side instead of the top in Landscape mode by rotating your phone 180 degrees.
- Faster app launch – we have made app launch 20-25% faster.
- Tons of tweaks and performance improvements and fixes – too much to list, but you will find SurfCube to be much snappier, and prettier.
Note: The free version of SurfCube 4 will be available two weeks from now – but the trial version is exactly the same as the free one (fully functional with ads). The trial also has the additional benefit of not losing your settings and favorites if you decide to buy it to get rid of the ads.
SurfCube 3D Browser is available to try or purchased at the Windows Phone Marketplace for $1.99.
Filed: Featured • Productivity • Updates • Windows Phone 7