Use your iPhone/iPad as a Remote with Comcast XFINITY TV App
Comcast subscribers are in for a treat. The cable company has released their free XFINITY TV app which grants iPhone or iPad owners access Comcast’s programming and use their device as a remote. You can control your TV, schedule recordings and find your favorite shows. XFINITY TV is compatible with many Comcast set top boxes. Go to http://www.xfinity.com/eligibleboxes for details about currently supported set top boxes.
- Browse TV and On Demand listings, quickly search for your favorite shows and movies, and easily filter by what you watch most.
- – Browse TV listings customized to your area
- – Browse an On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
- – Search TV listings and On Demand titles
- – Filter shows and movies by genre, network, HD, free and more
Control your TV and DVR
Now you can control your TV and DVR right from the XFINITY TV app. You can change channels, tune to On Demand programs, and schedule your DVR.
- Conveniently change channels right from the app
- Tune directly to On Demand programs to watch on your TV
- Schedule DVR recordings of your favorite shows, series, and movies
- iPad, iPhone (3G, 3GS or 4) or iPod touch (2nd, 3rd or 4th Generation) with iOS 4
- Internet connection (Wi-Fi or 3G)
- XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service
- Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control) Please see this page http://www.xfinity.com/eligibleboxes for more details
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net Email Address (and Password)
XFINITY TV for iPhone and iPad is now available as a free download at the App Store.
Filed: Entertainment • Free Apps • iPad • iPadmodo • iPhone • New Apps