Last Updated on
Gaming consoles such as PS4 are always looking forward to delivering the best possible performance to the users. In order to do that, they have to go through a lot of data and information. With that, they make sure that all the efforts are minimized.
However, problems can arise when the gaming console goes through the information. Blue light of death can be considered as a perfect example of such an issue.
When you get this issue, you will notice that your PS4 is blinking and it doesn’t fully connect to your screen. In other words, you will realize that the PS4 won’t turn on.
You don’t need to go through any frustration when you identify that the PS4 won’t turn on.
Below mentioned is a short guide, which you will be able to follow for the Blue Light of Death fix for PS4.
What symptoms can you see with Blue Light of Death?
Before taking a look at the solutions, it is important to realize what are the symptoms associated with Blue Light of Death. Then you can easily identify why your PS4 won’t turn on.
You can easily identify the symptoms associated with PS4 blue light of death fix. When you turn on the PS4, it would light up and blink in blue for several times. Then your gaming console will automatically turn off. In this situation, it will not be possible for you to go ahead and connect the gaming console to the television.
How to identify the reason why you’re PS4 won’t turn on?
The PS4 gaming consoles are extremely complex. As a result, you will have a difficult time when understanding what the exact issue is. In most of the cases, this is related to the power supply or internal hard drive.
When there are issues with the hard drive, the software will be prevented from functioning properly within the gaming console. As a result, you will have to experience blue light of death.
On the other hand, issues related to the power supply can give life to a series of issues, including blue light of death.
In fact, the power supply issues would under power the gaming console. This is done with the objective of protecting the electrical components found within the gaming console from being damaged.
What is the best Blue Light of Death Fix?
Several options are available for the users who are searching for a Blue Light of Death Fix. Here is a list of such options that you can try out. Then you will be able to go through the steps and figure out why you’re PS4 won’t turn on.
Before you proceed, you need to keep in mind that the actions you do would not damage the software or the gaming console. Hence, you will not have to come across any issues while you are trying to claim warranty.
# Option 1 – Discharge and Restart the PS4
- First of all, you need to power off the gaming console. In order to do it, you need to press and hold the power button, which is located in the front of the console. You need to hold this button for a period of 7 seconds
- Now you need to unplug all the cables from your gaming console
- Once you have unplugged all the cables, you can go ahead and hold the power button again for a period of 7 seconds. This will help you to discharge the extra energy left within the PS4 gaming console. You can do this for a couple of times to make sure that the gaming console is fully discharged.
- Once your gaming console is fully discharged, you can plug it again and see whether you can turn on the console.
# Option 2 – Fixing the issues with the power button
- You need to inspect the PS4 carefully and see whether you can see any obvious signs of damage.
- Turn off the gaming console by pressing it for a period of 7 seconds.
- When the power indicator shows that the gaming console is completely turned off, you need to remove the power cable and see if you can see any obvious damage.
- If you don’t see any damage, simply plug the console and see whether the problem still exists.
- If it is possible, try to replace the power cable from a PS3 and check whether you can still see the issue.
# Option 3 – Fixing the issues with the hard drive
- Completely turn off the PS4 by pressing and holding the power button for a period of 7 seconds.
- Once it is completely turned off, remove the power cable and all other cables from the gaming console.
- Slide off the hard drive of the gaming console and see if it is seated properly inside the caddy.
- If you have a screwdriver, unscrew one while holding the hard drive and reseat it back to the caddy properly.
- After properly reseating the hard drive, but back the cover and plug all the cables.
- Turn on the PS4 gaming console and see whether you can find the problem again.
- You can double check to see whether the hard drive works by simply plugging it into another PS4 gaming console.
Now you are aware of three different options, which you will be able to follow in order to troubleshoot the blue light of death issue if your PS4 won’t turn on. You can try these three options and see whether you can turn on the device again.
You can also find a large number of videos with all these instructions on YouTube.
Hence, you can also refer to them and get a clear understanding of how to follow the steps and overcome the issue you are facing.