App Wrapper 3.6 for OS X, DMG Canvas integration, DMG signing for Sierra
Hengchun, Taiwan – Ohanaware Co., Ltd. today is proud to announce the immediate availability of App Wrapper version 3.6, an important update to their popular App Store preparation tool. App Wrapper was designed to simplify the process of preparing applications for submission to the Mac App Store and deploying on web sites. Once configured App Wrapper can perform the following actions either at the click of a button or when an application is built within the Xojo development environment.
App Wrapper version 3.6 adds:
* DMG Canvas integration, once configured pressing the “Wrap” button in App Wrapper, will wrap the app & instruct DMG Canvas to create the DMG Image file
* DMG Code signing, either as part of the DMG Canvas integration or via the separate DMG signing window (*4)
* DMG signature verification, on Sierra uses Gate Keeper, on 10.11.5 uses our own code
* Automatically adds the new compatibility plist options
* DMG Signer uses the newer Code signing identity selector
* Updated many of the legacy frameworks within the application
* App Wrapper 3 now ships on a DMG created & signed with the App Wrapper workflow
* Code signs applications and nested code within the application
* Adds entitlements for the App Sandbox
* Clean up permissions of bundled files
* Add App Store required settings and additional property list keys
* Convert HTML files into the Apple Help Book format and inserts into the application
* Performs analysis on the application, to reduce App Store rejection. In same cases App Wrapper can auto fix issues
* Create Zip files, App Store compatible signed installer packages or DMG Image Files via DMG Canvas integration
* Can clean excess files from within the application, such as languages, architectures, specific files, files by extension and even certain file meta data
Additional functionality includes:
* Installer tester, to simplify the process of testing App Store compatible installers
* Xojo compatible script generator, to integrate App Wrapper into Xojo projects
* Application reporting, provides detailed information on an application and nested code
* DMG code signing function for DMG Image files (*4)
App Wrapper requires OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Xcode 6 (Due to Apple’s Code Signing requirements). App Wrapper 3.6 is macOS Sierra compatible. DMG code signing requires Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 or newer.
Pricing and Availability:
App Wrapper is available today from the Ohanaware web site. App Wrapper uses Paddle as the payment processor. There are 3 pricing options:
$49.99 – 1-Year Update Plan (*1)
$9.99 – 30-Day Pay As You Go (*2)
$199.99 – 1-Year Small Team Update Plan (*3)
(*1) allows 3 concurrent activations. At the end of the term, application no longer receives updates.
(*2) allows 3 concurrent activations. At the end of the term, application no longer operates until a new term is purchased.
(*3) allows 13 concurrent activations. At the end of the term, application no longer receives updates.
(*4) DMG code signing requires Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 or newer.
Since ’06, Joy Sha & Sam Rowlands have been building top ten, award winning apps. Their most notable applications include Funtastic Photos, which set the benchmark for modern photo editing. HDRtist & HDRtist Pro which has over 100,000 users world wide. App Wrapper, which is the #1 third party product to help developers prepare their apps for the App Store. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2006-2016 Ohanaware Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases