Bel Math Apps released Compare All Fractions 1.0 – New iPad Application
San Jose, California – The educational independent company, Bel Math Apps today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of Compare All Fractions 1.0, its new iPad application. Compare All Fractions is an important addition to company’s popular set of educational iPhone and iPad apps.
Compare All Fractions has 2 goals:
* It serves as a tool for teachers and parents to explore, consolidate and check students’ knowledge and understanding of fraction equivalence and ordering
* It is a skill builder of the concept of a quantitative understanding of fractions’ order and equivalence for students grades 3 through 6
Both of these goals are important because operating with fractions is extremely difficult for kids unless they can grasp the concept of equivalent fractions and can compare different fractions and determine which is larger, which is smaller, or if they are equal.
The application offers exercises to compare all types of fractions: common fractions, mixed numbers, decimals and percents. It also provides quizzes for practicing conversion between percents, decimals, and common fractions. Compare All Fractions content is aligned with CCSS Mathematics Standards requirements and covers the standards in the following CCSS domains for grades 3 through 6:
* Number & Operations – Fractions
* The Number System
* Number & Operations in Base Ten
* Ratios & Proportional Relationships
Direct connections between Compare All Fractions content and CCSS standards for Mathematical Practice:
* Provides opportunities and tools for teachers and school administrators to effectively implement the Common Core State Standards for Mathematical Practice
* Helps students, parents and teachers to be on the same page
* Helps parents to understand the abilities and skills their kids should develop
* Allow kids to be better prepared for tests/quizzes
Compare All Fractions offers 4 executive pages:
* “Level 1” for comparing 2 common fractions
* “Level 2” for comparing 2 rational numbers
* “Level 3” for converting percents to decimals & fractions
* “Level 4” for arranging in order a mix set of common fractions and decimals
All quizzes are organized in sessions:
* A session consists of 20 quizzes
* The results of each session are documented and accompanied by the evaluation that includes the score and elapsed time
When a session is completed, the session results are copied to the Clipboard. A user can paste the Clipboard content into Apple applications like Mail or Notes for later analysis.
Most important features of Compare All Fractions:
* The learning process is based on the same concepts, terminology and rules as the standard paper process taught in school
* Easy to learn, easy to operate
* No distractions
* The flexible nature of the apps allows to fit the needs of any student
* The app helps parents and educators to locate their students’ weak spots
* The app quickly improves the students’ skills and performance
* Allows sending the results of the practice session to the parent or teacher immediately after a session is finished
* Compare All Fractions allows to save the session results in files
* Does not collect of any personal identity information
* Does not disclose any personal information to third parties
* Has no links to the promotion sites, to referral type-sites and to educational applications of other companies
* Does not include any in-app purchases, any adds, any links to third party services
Bel Math Apps website offers the special table defining what executive page must be chosen for the student to practice CCSS Math Standard skills at the specific grade.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 4.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Compare All Fractions 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Bel Math Apps is a small company that was created 3 years ago by a husband and wife (both with a Ph.D. in Mathematics and with teaching experience). Bel Math Apps specializes in mobile apps for the iOS and Android that help to analyze and enhance kids math skills by offering a new approach to practicing elementary and middle school mathematics. Quizzes offered by Bel Math cover all arithmetic operations with whole numbers, fractions, decimals and integers; statistics (mean, median, mode, range). fraction equivalence and ordering, ratio and rate reasoning and finding a percent of a quantity as a rate per 100. Currently 7 applications and one bundle are available on the AppStore and 2 applications are available on Google Play. Applications have a few levels of complexity, which allow the alignment of the application with any grade-level standards. Another important feature of Bel Math Apps applications is the ability for parents/teachers to get or send a real time email notification about practice results. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Bel Math Apps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases