Electronic Toolbox Pro for iOS – Significant Update in Newest Version 7
Essen, Germany – Creating Your App today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of Electronic Toolbox Pro 7.01.04, a significant update to their popular electronics engineering app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. Unveiled in 2009, Electronic Toolbox Pro was the first of its kind to debut on the AppStore and continues to be the go-to electronic reference and calculator resource for professionals, hobbyists, and students.
“Whether diodes and ICs, Electronic Toolbox Pro is a toolbox in your pocket.” asserts Nathan Kline of What’s On iPhone (15 August 2012). “Electronic hobbyists, and engineers can use these tools to increase their productivity and stop lugging around large reference books. It’s great to see support for less popular areas of the app space.”
Specifically designed for anyone who wants to learn about electronics, Electronic Toolbox Pro provides a vast amount of background information and underlying formulas in a comprehensive glossary (only available in English). Electronic Toolbox Pro can be customized in several different ways. For example, the Organizer helps sort and arrange all tools according to need. A global search can search for terms across tools of Electronic Toolbox Pro efficiently and effectively. There is also a parametric search for components such as Transistors or ICs which makes it possible to search and filter results by entering parameter values.
* Most comprehensive and complete Electronics app available
* Designed for Novices as well as Experts
* Includes 72 individual tools from “A” like ASCII Table to “Z” like Zener Diode calculation
* Provides wide variety of simple and complex tools, such as the resistor color code conversion to the PCB Trace width tools
* Various calculation tools available, such as the NE555 circuit calculation and the passive cooling calculator
* Includes reference tools with millions of component specs for ICs, Transistors, FETs, Controllers with parametric searches, pinout and cross reference information, and complete datasheets
* Provides information about Batteries, Drill sizes, Hybrid Amplifiers, Socket pinouts, package sizes and much more
* Includes conversion tools, such as the Unit conversion tool, the HEX/Decimal/Float Tool, Frequency and AWG / SWG tools
* Customizable arrangement of tools for quick and easy access
* Includes a scientific desktop calculator, a frequency generator, and an oscilloscope
* Comprehensive reference glossary
* Content can be updated “over-the-air” and amended quickly and easily
* Maintain diagrams, documents, and specs of a project
* iCloud and Dropbox support
* No ads or in-app purchases
* Can be used without Internet access
* Special keyboard available for quicker entry of SI units
“On the app, you can browse a huge built-in database of important electrical references and save the required ones through the app’s menu,” says John McNamara of The App Review Zone, who identified Electronic Toolbox Pro as one of its top “10 Awesome Phone Apps for Engineers” (25 May 2012). “Without a doubt, Electronic Toolbox will serve as a good reference database for those users who need information and conversion features combined into one convenient service.”
One of the key features of Electronic Toolbox Pro is the Projects tool. This tool gathers all the information throughout the app, imports, exports, and prints Projects, and allows a single containment unit of components, circuit diagrams, and additional information. Users can store and collect information, calculation results, diagrams, and more.
In the update, Electronic Toolbox Pro has been significantly altered to accommodate every kind of user. Due to the huge database of the app, Electronic Toolbox Pro has creatively sought solutions in delivering quicker updates and corrections. In Version 7.01.04, the ability to distribute and update Electronic Toolbox Pro “over-the-air” has been introduced. The databases are now updated from a high performance server that has been designated especially for this App. As a result, this allows for much bigger databases and quicker updates and corrections. With the exception of delivering any data updates, Electronic Toolbox Pro can still be used without Internet access.
“The development of Electronic Toolbox Pro has been mainly driven by our customers,” admits Marcus Roskosch, owner of Creating Your App. “Since its first version in 2009, there have been hundreds of updates, which always added new tools or features users suggested or asked for. Over the years, Electronic Toolbox Pro has grown to encompass more than 70 tools that will be useful to beginners, students, hobbyists, and experts.”
He continues, “To let Electronic Toolbox Pro take full advantage of iOS 7 and make it compatible to the recently announced iOS 8, we had to rewrite about 70% of the app. This has provided us with a great opportunity to incorporate many other suggestions from our users and freshen up the app’s design. After seven months of development, I believe users will be very pleased with the newest version of Electronic Toolbox Pro and what it can do for them.”
* English, German, Italian, Spanish, French, Danish, Greek, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Japanese
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6.1 or later
* 65 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Electronic Toolbox Pro 7.01.04 is only $5.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Productivity category. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Essen, Germany, Creating Your App was founded 2009 by Marcus Roskosch as a software development company specializing in iOS and Mac development. Creating Your App is a 2010 Winner of the EMMAs award for effective mobile marketing and a 2013 Winner of the PC-Magazine Best of the Year award. Copyright (C) 2014 Creating Your App. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases