Smoky Cat Software releases Heart Graph v3.3 for iOS
Oxford, United Kingdom – Smoky Cat Software today announced that Heart Graph version 3.3 is now available on the App Store for iPhone(R), iPad(R) and iPod touch(R). Heart Graph lets users see graphically how their heart rate behaves during exercise, and supports comparison of the heart rate graph and other statistics across workouts. This comparison allows users to adjust the intensity of their workout to make the most of each and every session. Users can also monitor the effectiveness of training over time to help meet their own goals, and create, as well as share, pre-planned training sessions that the app will automatically execute. This allows users to focus on their body and training rather than the details of exactly what exercise is coming up next in the session.
“Your body is different every day, and it is easy to over-train or take it too easy”, says Thomas Wright, founder of Smoky Cat Software. “Perhaps you’re tired from work or have a minor illness – it can be better to do a lighter session and give your body the time it needs to recover. Or maybe this is one of those days when you don’t feel fully motivated, but actually your body is ready for anything! Heart rate monitoring puts you in control of how hard your workout should be, and Heart Graph supports you in maximising the benefits of your training.”
Heart Graph can be used for all types of aerobic exercise (for example running, cycling or rowing), and is optimised for gym-based activities such as kettlebells, weights and circuits. The time-based record provided by Heart Graph allows extra information to be easily associated with different parts of the session. For example with kettlebells, each set can be highlighted on the heart rate curve with colours distinguishing between sets of a particular length and those with a fixed number of repetitions. Seeing the heart rate graph in those marked sections when reviewing workout data supports a deeper understanding of how the body is responding to the training plan.
Features of Heart Graph include:
* Plot your heart rate against time during your workout
* Compare heart rate from a “reference set” in a previous workout to your current session
* Review all your workouts offline (e.g., to spot trends in your training)
* Add your own notes to each workout (e.g., to record details of a particular session, sets, reps, how you felt etc.) and search for workouts based on the notes you’ve entered
* Share workout data with friends via email or Facebook
* Device rotation to landscape for iPhone and iPod touch maximises screen area for graphs
Beyond the basics, a single $1.99 (USD) In-App Purchase will enable the Premium Features of the app, giving you access to more in-depth comparison and additional features to support your workout:
* Record the time spent in each of five configurable heart rate zones during each session
* Calculate calories burned during each workout
* Create pre-planned training sessions that the app will automatically execute – no need to remember what’s coming up next
* Share your pre-planned training sessions with friends and other Heart Graph users
* Audio rep counting so you never lose count – simply make a noise every time you complete a rep and the app does the rest
* Automatic timer for time-based sets lets you know when the set is done – no more watching the clock
* Compare workout and reference set statistics (such as max and mean heart rate) over time to look for trends in your training
* Mark the end of each time-based and rep-based set so you can monitor how your heart rate falls when the set is over
* Side-by-side comparison of the reference sets from multiple selected workouts
* Import and export workout data from other apps or your computer using Garmin TCX format files
* Save workouts and pre-planned training sessions to Dropbox
* Attach an image of your heart rate graph and heart rate zone summary to emails or Facebook posts for sharing with others
* iOS version 7.0
* iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
* A compatible heart rate sensor: either low-energy bluetooth (BTLE), or ANT+ connected using the Wahoo Fitness Key
Heart Graph is free to download worldwide, exclusively through the App Store in the Health and Fitness category. Supported languages are English, Russian, and both simplified and traditional Chinese.
Located in Oxford, United Kingdom, Smoky Cat Software was founded in 2012 by Dr Thomas Wright, DPhil. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2014 Thomas Wright, Smoky Cat Software / All Rights Reserved. Apple, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Filed: Press Releases