JaVu – Hear Your City Speak – Now Free on the App Store
Ormond Beach, Florida – Self-taught, 22 year old, mobile app developer David Richard launched JaVu on Tuesday May 20th. JaVu, a new location-aware social network, harnesses the power of geofencing, enabling the user to see social media posts related to what’s happening nearby. The posts can be collated from social media sites such as Instagram and Twitter and posted by friends, locals, tourists and businesses. JaVu has a multitude of uses and features to keep the user informed:
* Browse all posts closest to you so you can discover the area around you (useful if in a new city or area when travelling).
* It will automatically alert the user upon arrival at the same location where a friend has previously posted.
* The user can subscribe to any tags to get notifications from related nearby posts (it will alert when something is free nearby if the user has subscribed to the #free tag).
* View all posts from Instagram and Twitter created closest to your current location (to see what others have done / are doing in that location).
* Browse all the businesses around you and see all posts from Instagram and Twitter created at that business (useful for reviews, special offers, events).
Developer, David Richard, began tinkering with the idea of JaVu nearly 2 years ago. “I have been constructing the idea in my head for two years, even before I started programming. When Apple released their Reminders app, I wondered how they accomplished reminding people based on their location. That’s when I discovered geofencing. I thought it would be incredible for your phone to automatically alert you of location-based social media,” David says.
JaVu works by users creating a geofence around their current location. Their followers receive image or text notifications when they enter the geofence. JaVu is capable of finding out connections with a high degree of accuracy while still being battery-safe by using a combination of Wi-Fi positioning, cell tower triangulation, and GPS.
JaVu has endless possibilities for its potential use: finding restaurant reviews, promotion of entertainment events, product listing for a business, augmented reality, location based games, event implementation, real estate, and an incredible upcoming feature for restaurants.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 12.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
JaVu 1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
David Richard is a young entrepreneur, self-taught, 22 year old mobile app developer. Some of David’s previously released games are already in the App store. However, JaVu is the first major application created by him. The young developer has moved from fixing iPhones in a flea market to learning the Gamesland Engine, Lua language and the Unity Game Engine. He wrote JaVu in the iOS native Objective C language. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 David Richard. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases