ZEZ 2.0 – A Cat and his Rocket Fist – Reborn as premium game
Porto, Portugal – Artbit Studios today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of ZEZ 2.0, an update to their popular game title developed for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The update builds on the success of the launch version, adding new content and many new features. Also, after realizing the game content is much better suited for the premium model, this new version was significantly reworked to fit the premium model game instead of the previous freemium.
Smash, Rise, Crash. Every 60 second round starts with Zez punching a smug boxing robot in the head with his rocket fist. As you’re propelled into the air, you must match and explode the colored robots to fly higher and higher. Match 3 to get an explosive boost. Match 4 and fill your combo bar to activate frenzy mode and enter a world of color, flashing lights and fuel powered feline rage. Once the time is up, come crashing down at supersonic speeds and deliver some well deserved robot payback.
* Fast-paced, frantic gameplay
* No artsy, minimalistic vector graphics – The game is filled with painstakingly frame by frame drawn animations
* Simple and precise controls and game mechanic
* 10 unique and detailed rockets with specific animations and sounds
* Custom soundtrack
* 4 over the top final impact animations
Pedro and Jose (Zez) have been working on this game for close to 2 years now. Version 1 of the game was well received, but is was still far from the experience they wanted to create. For version 2, released on 21 May 2014, they completely reworked the gameplay to better reward skilled players and introduced new features to give the game a true sense of progression. The result is a simpler yet much more addictive game, with more randomness, more reward and, above all, more fun. Also, they realized the game style was much better suited for a premium model rather than freemium. So the price was bumped to $2.99, the coin packs removed and item prices adjusted accordingly.
* “ZEZ has been given the utmost attention and dedication in it’s creation.” 148Apps.com
* “The most frantic minute of matching I’ve played in ages.” Kotaku
* “I had a fever dream once with the same premise, but it wasn’t nearly as much fun.” Cult of Mac
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 56.4 MB
Pricing and Availability
ZEZ 2.0 on sale for $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Located in Porto, Portugal, Artbit Studios is a team of 2 people with almost no experience making games, but a burning desire to make cool stuff. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Artbit Studios. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases