Jot (iPhone) Rethinks Auto-Correction, Cursor Controls, Text Selection
Vancouver, Canada – Independent iOS developer J.w. Bosco Ho today launched Jot – Refined Text Editor (iPhone, iPod touch), an iOS 7-inspired minimalist text editor that makes text-creation a smoother experience with refined Auto-Correction, precise and swift cursor movements, quick text-selection, and added emphasis on one-handed use.
* Jot Correct knows when Auto-Correct replaces a word, and lets you quickly revert to what you originally typed in
* Jot Control makes it easy to move a document’s cursor and select text with its simple and intuitive circular button interface
* Jot Cursor allows users to precisely control and swiftly move a document’s cursor by sliding across Jot Control (Similar to using the arrow keys on a desktop computer)
* Jot Select lets you select words, sentences, and paragraphs in just a tap or three
* Slide-to-Select enables users to quickly perform search/actions on selected text: All you do is slide across the text you want selected
* Search inside documents with live highlighting
* Actions integrates Jot with first and third party apps, allowing you to use Jot in your existing workflows by sending documents to your favourite apps
* Dark/Light Modes that seamlessly blend Jot’s software with black/white iPhone hardware
* iPhone, and iPod touch (2x mode on iPad)
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* Optimized for iPhone 5
* Requires a free Dropbox account
* 8.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Jot – Refined Text Editor 1.0.03 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. A limited number of promo codes are available to members of the media. Journalists interested in receiving one should contact the developer.
Based in Vancouver, Canada, J.w. Bosco Ho is an independent iOS developer who began publishing iOS apps in 2013, and currently has two fencing apps on the App Store. Both apps are well used by North American fencers to easily find upcoming fencing tournaments, past tournament results, and fencer profiles. Copyright (C) 2013 J.w.Bosco Ho. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases