Naval Tactics: Captains of the Spanish Main coming to iOS Spring 2014
Atlanta, Georgia – Chimera Software is thrilled to announce the up and coming release of Naval Tactics: Captains of the Spanish Main, a fresh way to experience the tactical board wargame genre on iPhone, iPod, and iPad. A modern take inspired by old classics, this brand new adventure into turn-based naval combat will leave your tactical mind reeling.
“After spending three years on our hit 4X space strategy game Starbase Orion, I wanted to bring things back down to Earth for a while” said Rocco Bowling, founder of Chimera Software. “Naval Tactics is focused on tactical naval combat in the 1700’s. Ship battles in the Age of Sail are unique in their tactical complexity, where the use of wind for positioning and fleet formations are critical components to dominating your enemy. Combine this with savvy turn-based mechanics on a hex map, mix in some traditional board game mechanics and the final combination is a savory bite any strategy/tactical gamer will savor.”
* Built for iOS 7 – Asynchronous Games with GameCenter, Universal Binary, Retina Display
* Infamous Naval Battles – Position your ships and fire your cannons in glorious Age of Sail combat
* Board Game Mechanics – Hexagonal maps and turn-based gameplay keeps this game easy to learn, but hard to master
* Customizable Fleets – Customize your fleet before each mission by selecting from a variety of ships
* Captain Cards – Acts of valor and surprise await you by utilizing these unique cards
* Premiere PvP Experience – Simultaneous turns, asynchronous play, multiple matches, real-time chat, and more
* Balanced Engagements – Let your tactical genius shine in a variety of balanced game modes
* Built using the premier multiplayer experience that drives Starbase Orion, one of the best asynchronous turn-based systems available on iOS
* Practice vs AI – Play offline against the computer to sharpen up your skills
* Pass and Play – Play locally with your friends and family using a single device
Naval Tactics will be released on the iOS App Store in Spring 2014.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Chimera Software is the independent publishing entity for Rocco Bowling (owner and founder). During the day Rocco is CTO for Small Planet Digital; at night he exercises his creativity by creating award winning games. Copyright (C) 2009-2014 Chimera Software / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases