New App Helps People Experience Any City Like a Local
New York City, New York – Italian app developers Elia Fornari and Edoardo Centioni proudly announce the release of Ulocal, a new travel app that helps connect travelers with locals who recommend the best food, fun and cultural experiences in their city.
Ulocal allows travelers visiting a new city to call or instant message a local who can share information about their city in real time. Unlike Yelp or TripAdvisor, travelers use Ulocal to get specific answers by connecting instead of researching, while locals can easily share insights into their favorite places and support local business in the process.
The free messaging and voice calls give users the freedom to call anyone worldwide and does not require them to share their personal phone number. Ulocal also helps them avoid asking strangers on the street the age old question, “What is there to do around here?”
“We created Ulocal to not only help people make their trips fun and memorable, but to bring people together,” said Elia Fornari, co-founder of Ulocal. “Review sites tend to offer really specific information about a customer’s single experience, but Ulocal gives people the chance to hear about someone’s lifetime of experiences around a city.”
* Free messaging and calling worldwide in-app allows users to call foreign numbers with no charge
* Unlike other voice apps, Ulocal users are never required to share their personal phone number
* All connections and information is exchanged in real-time
* No complicated functions, terminology, or interface to learn
* A simple layout and intuitive design makes connecting with people easy
* Use your knowledge of your hometown to help others find great places to eat and be entertained
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 13.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Ulocal 1.0 is Free and available worldwide through the App Store in the Travel category. There is also an Android version available on Google Play.
Ulocal was created by Elia Fornari and Edoardo Centioni. The developers came together to help people find the best places to go while traveling and make great connections along the way. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Ulocal. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases