Wahoo Introduces Wireless, Magnet-less and Lightweight Cadence Sensor – RPM
Wahoo Fitness, the leader in iPhone powered cycling, introduces the RPM Cadence Sensor. RPM is a lightweight and hassle-free way to track cycling cadence. With a convenient magnet-less installation and feather light weight of only seven grams, RPM can attach to any bike instantly displaying cadence data via popular cycling apps. RPM is available now for $49.99 or bundled with the RFLKT Smart Bike Computer for $149.99.
The RPM Cadence Sensor connects wirelessly to the user’s iOS device through Bluetooth 4.0 technology sending cadence data to top cycling apps like Wahoo Fitness, Strava and MapMyRide. Unlike most speed and cadence sensors, RPM is magnet-less making setup an ease. LED lights flash when connected signaling wireless connection is active; eliminating the chance of logging a long ride just to find out no data was captured. The sensor does not need to be charged and will run on one coin cell battery for up to two years, allowing the sensor to remain on the user’s bike between rides.
“RPM is a great option because it’s hassle-free, lightweight and doesn’t require any additional hardware to connect to the user’s phone or bike,” said Chip Hawkins, CEO of Wahoo Fitness. “The sleek design, magnet-less install and long battery life provide a simple and efficient way to add cadence data to all the other metrics you monitor like heart rate, speed, distance, power and time.”
Wahoo Fitness RPM Cadence Sensor features include:
- Pairs with the Wahoo Fitness app, or popular cycling apps Strava and MapMyRide, to track and display cadence data
- Compatible with iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, iPod Touch (5th generation), and iPad (3rd and 4th generation)
- LED lights flash when sensor is connected to the iOS app and ready to go
- Two magnet-free mounting options are included for an easy installation (3M tape or mounting sleeve)
- Replaceable battery does not need to be charged between rides and runs for up to 2 years
The RPM Cadence Monitor is available now at WahooFitness.com for $49.99 per unit.
Filed: Accessories • Featured • Hardware • Health & Fitness • iPad • iPadmodo • iPhone