RC Trackpad 3.0 Released – Now a Universal App with a Redesigned UI
Seattle, Washington – m3me, Inc. has announced the release of RC Trackpad 3.0 for iOS. RC Trackpad turns your iOS device into a beautiful and secure remote control for your Mac or PC. RC Trackpad has best in class wireless trackpad support with the largest selection of configurable gestures and actions. Additionally, it contains unique features such as a remote program launcher capable of starting any of your computer’s installed applications and a visual window switcher. RC Trackpad continues to be the only fully secure app of its kind on the App Store.
Version 3.0 updates the app with a completely overhauled design featuring a beautiful, minimalist user interface. RC Trackpad 3.0 is now a universal app with a single version that works on both iPhone and iPad. The new version adds mouse buttons, an optional second keyboard row, a ‘recently launched applications’ list, new gestures and actions. RC Trackpad 3.0 has substantially enhanced the visual appearance of the launcher and switcher with higher resolution icons and thumbnail images, a simplified settings panel, new help files and ten new gorgeous backgrounds.
“RC Trackpad 3.0 is our biggest release ever.”, commented m3me CEO, John Marshall, “The new UI is stunning and the change to a universal app will be a great benefit to users who now only need a single version for all their iOS devices. The improvements to 3.0 are more than skin deep, however, with many great new features such as mouse buttons, better settings, sharper icons and thumbnails, optional second keyboard row, new Recently Launched group and so much more!”
About RC Trackpad:
RC Trackpad communicates securely over Wi-Fi with a free server program that runs on a Mac or PC. The app provides an advanced multi-touch trackpad, a remote application launcher, window switcher, media control and encrypted keyboard with additional computer specific keys.
* Wireless control of a Mac or PC over Wi-Fi
* Trackpad with multi-touch gesture support
* Left, right and middle mouse buttons
* Fully encrypted extended keyboard with up to 72 extra keys
* Remote Application Launcher – Works just like launching apps on the iPad or iPhone
* Application / Window Switcher – view thumbnails of open windows and switch between them
* Application Control – Quit app, force quit app, hide all (Mac only), close window, minimize, maximize/restore, full screen (Mac), snap to top, bottom, left, right.
* Media Remote Control
* Customizable background image with 18 built in images and support for iOS photo library
* Strong 256-bit AES encryption on all network traffic
* iOS 5.1 or later
* Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher
* Windows Vista or higher
* Free RC Helper app
* Local Wi-Fi network
Pricing and Availability:
RC Trackpad is a universal app that runs on iPhone and iPad and is priced at $4.99 (USD). There is also a lite version that is free with optional in app purchases. Both are available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.
Based in Seattle, Washington, m3me, Inc. is a small software company founded by former Microsoft and Google engineers in 2009. The company is focused on developing applications that enable mobile devices to enhance the everyday computing experience. Copyright (C) 2009-2013 m3me, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases