Creaceed Releases Prizmo 3 for iOS 7 as a free upgrade
Mons, Belgium – Creaceed today is proud to announce the release of Prizmo 3 on the App Store worldwide. Prizmo, the best scanning/OCR app for iPhone and iPad, was completely redesigned for taking full advantage of iOS 7. Prizmo comes with iCloud support, so that you can start processing a document on your iPhone, and finish it on your Mac. As particular attention was paid to accessibility, Prizmo is also a valuable tool for the visually-impaired, students with learning disabilities, and dyslexic children.
Prizmo offers a streamlined approach to document processing: scan with a camera, recognize the text, edit, export. With Prizmo, you can skip any of these steps and go straight to the results, or instead dive into advanced editing if document requires it (brightness correction, readability improvement, multiple languages, OCR regions editing, text correction, etc.). Export options include PDF with searchable text, and allow sending to various cloud services, like Dropbox, Box, SkyDrive, Google Drive or Evernote. Prizmo also allows processing and editing business cards, and then exports them to your contacts.
“We want to raise the bar of document scanning on iOS devices, and hope our users will like it as much as we do. We worked really hard throughout the summer to make version 3.0 which was initially scheduled for next year, and we propose it as a free upgrade.” says Raphael Sebbe, CEO.
What’s new in Prizmo 3?
New iOS 7-only features:
* Elegant iOS 7-style user interface
* Transparency & layering (parallax) for a more natural user experience
* Support for themes and user photo-based background
* Prizmo supports Dynamic Type – You can adjust font size in global settings of your iPhone/iPad, and even use accessibility fonts.
* Built-in speech synthesis voices in iOS 7 are now proposed for reading text
* Background download of OCR data and purchased voices
* Voice Reader can play sound in the background. You can work in some other apps, or lock the iPhone and still be able to listen to your scanned text
* Voice Reader supports being controlled (next phrase/previous phrase) by external peripherals/remotes and lock screen controls – It can also play to AirPlay devices / Bluetooth peripherals (car audio system)
* Voice Reader supports reading entire text documents (not just a single page)
* Voice Reader maximum speech rate can be adjusted from Prizmo settings (Accessibility section)
* Camera level detection: when VoiceOver is active, Prizmo performs level detection and vibrates when the device is parallel to the table to let the user know that orientation is optimum
* Black and white cleaned-up documents exported as PDF are compressed with a specific bi-level method, leading to much smaller file sizes (option has to be enabled in Prizmo settings)
* Native Prizmo documents can be exported by mail, or sent to another app
* Text can be exported either as mail attachment or mail body
* Export to Apple’s Message application
* The URL parameter name for the captured text passed to another app can now be customized. Prizmo can now interoperate more easily with applications like Editorial that require a specific parameter name
* English, French, German, Italian and Portuguese
* iPhone 4/4S/5, iPod touch 5th generation, and iPad 3/4/mini
* Requires iOS 7 or later
* 29.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Prizmo 3 for iOS is available worldwide through the App Store in the Productivity category. It costs $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) for a limited time, a 50% discount as an introductory offer. The regular price is $9.99. The upgrade is free for Prizmo 2 users.
Creaceed is a Belgian company based in Mons with a passionate team experienced in app development and image processing. Creaceed provides intuitive and easy to use creative applications to Mac users: Hydra, for HDR image creation from regular photos; Morph Age, for morphing and warping images and movies; Elasty, for adding special effects to QuickTime movies with motion-tracking features; and Prizmo, for scanning documents with a digital camera. Creaceed also provides Vocalia, a speech recognition app for iPhone in 6 languages, and a speech recognition SDK to iPhone developers. Copyright 2008-2013 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases