Flashback 1.0 for iOS – Capture Photos and Video Simultaneously
San Francisco, California – Bramber Inc. introduces Flashback 1.0 for iOS, this innovative new app allows users to shoot Hi-Res photos and HD video simultaneously. With Flashback as their everyday camera app, users no longer need to choose between still and moving images. The app automatically produces a photo album and video montage that includes each photo plus up to five seconds of live video immediately preceding it. Also, built-in are a feature-filled photo editor with effects and an easy-to-use video editor.
Begin Flashback: Take Photos/Capture Video
* Take photos as normal and simultaneously record up to 5 seconds of video per photo
* Choose between High Quality and High-Definition video
* Photos are captured in high-resolution
* Create and easily organize multiple Flashbacks (various locations, days, etc.)
* Add new photos/videos to continue any Flashback
* Import additional video clips from the Camera Roll or other Flashbacks
* Add Flashback title and date
* Change Flashback cover image
* Select and arrange up to 50 video clips to include in your Flashback
* Add transitions: Cross Dissolve or Pause on Photo
* Add music: Add your favorite song from your iTunes library
* Preview your Flashback
Edit Individual Photos & Video Clips
* Add photo filters, effects, stickers, text, and more
* Photo & video rotation
* Trim video clips
* Don’t worry about mistakes – you can always revert back to the original photo or video
Create Photo Gallery
* Easily select photos from your Flashback to include in a photo gallery
Save & Share
* Share Flashbacks via email, Facebook, and YouTube
* Export Flashbacks to the Camera Roll
* Share photos as an album or as individual photos via email and Facebook
* Export photos as an album or as individual photos to the Camera Roll
* Share individual videos via email, Facebook, and YouTube
* Export individual videos to the Camera Roll
Signaling a new way of re-living recorded moments, Flashback lets users frame a single instant in a traditional photograph, while it also preserves, as video, the real-time experience. It offers a remarkable, modern method of enjoying the photo as well as the story behind it. Automatically, casual iPhone photographers can produce high quality photo albums and accompanying short feature films. For the first time, photographers and videographers can have the best of both worlds.
Flashback works like a standard camera app: point and click. However, behind the scenes, the app is continuously recording live video. When a photo is taken, the app saves up to five seconds of video captured immediately before the shutter release, erases the unused video, and then begins capturing live video again. Following any Flashback session, photographers can visit the Photo & Video screen to see thumbnails of their photos, a player window of their video, and a thumbnail-size geotagging map with location, date, and time. Then, via the Create Flashback screen, users can easily select the videos, music, and transitions they wish to include in their Flashback. Lastly, users have the option to preview their Flashback before conveniently saving to the Camera Roll, or sharing via built-in email, Facebook, and YouTube.
“We discovered simultaneous still and video capture by luck from our wedding video,” commented husband and wife team Brad Taylor and Amber Allred Taylor. “We have worked hard to share this new creative capability with iOS photographers everywhere. We are very proud of Flashback, and we invite everyone to download the app free during our launch promotion.”
* iPhone 4/4S/5, iPod touch (4th/5th generation), and iPad 2,3,4
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 12.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
To mark its launch, Flashback 1.0 is free for a limited time (regularly $1.99 USD) and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category.
Bramber Inc., based in San Francisco, was co-founded in 2012 by Brad and Amber Taylor. Recently married, when they received their wedding video in the mail the magic and memories of their wedding day came flooding back; however, one point in the video caught them by surprise. While the photographer was shooting the wedding party’s photos, the videographer left his camera running. What was captured was a spontaneous, real-life montage of one of their favorite parts of the day. Something no single photo or photo album could ever do. These short candid moments that were captured created a flashback of one of the greatest moments in their life. They committed then to the creation of an app that would allow users to simultaneously take photos and shoot video. After months of hard work, Brad and Amber are proud to see their vision come to life, an app they love and use almost everyday, but most importantly, an app they created together. Copyright (C) 2013 Bramber Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases