Brainy Kids with Roxy the Star 1.2 for iOS: Right/Left Brain Development
Taipei, Taiwan – HaStars today is pleased to introduce Brainy Kids with Roxy the Star 1.2 for iOS, an update to its entertaining game for young kids designed to foster development of both hemispheres of their brain, enhancing their spatial and analytic skills. Kids answer 20 questions, which measure their proficiency in observation, art, analysis, math, and logic. After answering each question, players watch an animated demonstration of the thought process required to find the correct choice from among three possible answers provided. Whether kids have answered correctly or incorrectly, these animated explications reinforce the correct approach and method for solving each type of question. The update includes a new question timer feature.
* Animated Answers – every question has an animation to explain the steps of getting the correct answer; your child can see exactly how the problem is solved, and he/she learns
* 5-Ability Analysis – questions test 5 kinds of cognitive skills: observation of complete figures and shape recognition; artistic awareness of color and pattern; contextual and practical problem analysis; basic math operations; and categorization and logical sequences
* Each of the 5 kinds of cognitive skills is scored separately at the end of the game
* More than 100 questions – a wide variety of engaging questions stimulate development of, and coordination between, both left and right hemispheres
* Collect Stars – each question your child gets right will earn a star, which becomes a firefly when touched
* Many Animations – more than 100 animations to keep your child’s interest in game play
Developmental psychology has long known that the first eight years of a child’s life are more important than any other comparable period of cognitive growth. Surrounded by speakers of their native language, kids naturally learn to speak quickly and easily. Non-verbal skills, however, may not necessarily be optimally stimulated as part of learning language. Brainy Kids with Roxy the Star is a thoroughly enjoyable game for kids that has been specifically designed to help in the development of non-verbal cognitive skills.
Kids are enthusiastic about these puzzles. Each one tickles a distinct aspect of their nascent capabilities for thought and reasoning. Once stimulated, kids delight in activating the enormous potential of their complete neurophysiology. Brainy Kids with Roxy the Star is filled with action, color, and humor, suggesting that the Brainy Kids can also be the kids who have the most fun.
* Patterns – similar graphical patterns are given, and your child needs to find the correct match
* Sequencing – dog, cat, flower, dog, cat, ___; what comes next?
* Finding the best solution – a girl needs something to eat spaghetti, and your child will need to find the best solution
* Counting – 7 fishes in the river, and 2 are caught; how many left? Count and find the right answer. Remember to match the color of fishes as well
* Observation – find a similar shape in the given objects
* Several geometric figures are given, and your child needs to find a correct match
“Carefully designed for kids & adults, Brainy Kids with Roxy the Star is the perfect way for them to master basic visual and analytic skills,” commented Rita Jao of HaStars Technology. “And parents should know that our apps are completely safe, with no ads, no in-app purchases, and no data mining or tracking.”
* iPhone 4/4S/5, iPod touch (4th/5th generation), and iPad (2,3,4)
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 19.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Brainy Kids with Roxy the Star 1.2 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Taipei, Taiwan, HaStars Technology was founded by Alex Huang in 2002. HaStars has more than 8 years of experience developing kid’s educational Flash games. HaStars believes the best way to learn is through having fun! The company also has developed games for set-top box game systems, so that kids can play games on their TV. They also have experience developing interactive games on Yahoo messenger for Yahoo Taiwan. Copyright (C) 2002-2013 HaStars Technology Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases