DraftCode – PHP development with built in code execution – on the iPad
Wellington, New Zealand – Freeridecoding today is thrilled to announce the release and immediate availability of DraftCode 1.0.6, a new version of its iPad PHP IDE with built in code execution. PHP is a widely used open-source server-side scripting language designed to create dynamic Web pages. Take developing new ideas for your website into the creative and casual habit field of the iPad, or start to learn PHP without having to interact with a server. DraftCode lets you write, run and debug PHP code right on the iPad using standard PHP 5.4.10 included inside the application.
Structure your HTML, CSS and PHP files in DraftCode’s easy to use and navigatable file/folder workspace. Execute any PHP or HTML file in the workspace and view the output rendered in Mobile Safari or as raw HTML code for debugging purposes. DraftCode supports includes and links to PHP files inside the workspace and navigating between different local php pages during execution. Besides just interpreting the PHP code, DraftCode’s runtime also simulates webserver interaction like handling of CGI POST/GET parameters.
DraftCode’s environment lets you run web apps that consist of multple php pages and include webforms or other POST/GET interaction. DraftCode features a minimalist, non-interfering and easy to use interface, including light/dark editor themes and an extended keyboard with code shortcuts and snippets.
* Built-in offline PHP code execution using standard PHP 5.4.10
* Support for CGI handling of POST/GET
* Environment for running Web Apps consisting of multiple PHP pages
* Preview of rendered HTML or raw HTML output
* Easy to use workspace with folder support
* Support for includes or links to local php files
* Easy to use and clutter free interface
* Extended keyboard with shortcuts and snippets to simplify coding
* Support to import image resources from the camera roll or photo library
* Hardware keyboard support
* Support to send files to other iPad Apps
DraftCode is continuously improved and updated to support a growing number of PHP extensions and improve the execution environment with additional features.
New in 1.0.6 (since 1.0):
* Improved code editor with basic code colouring, in-line error marking after failed execution and light and dark editor themes
* Support for additional PHP extensions like OpenSSL, libxml, ZIP and otthers
* General performance and editor improvements
* Workspace folder support
* Many bug fixes
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 8.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
DraftCode 1.0.6 is available for $4.99 USD in the App Store in the Productivity category.
Located in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand, Freeridecoding is a privately held company founded in 2005 by Thomas Bauer. With a focus on the Mac and iOS, Thomas founded Freeridecoding with the intention of developing unique and user-friendly applications. Copyright 2005-2013 Freeridecoding. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases