Modern Photo Editor 1.7.1 for iOS: Full Resolution Image Editing to 8 MP
Palo Alto, California – Indie developer Jeffrey Sun today is pleased to announce Modern Photo Editor 1.7.1 for iOS, an update to his powerful, full resolution, image editing app, which is one of the few apps of its kind capable of processing and saving photos shot at full resolution on the iPhone’s 8-megapixel, iSight camera. A complete image editing solution, the app features 17 Color Effects Filters, 10 Image Adjustments, 10 Spot-Editing Brushes, 15 Texture Effects, 5 Orientation Fixes, 16 Photo Frames, Cropping, Unlimited Undo/Redo and a Photoshop-like Reverting History Log. The update includes a new, scrolling toolbar and improved photo import.
The finest camera made by Apple, its 8-megapixel, iSight, rear-facing camera, offers a maximum resolution of 3,264 x 2448 pixels, and it comes standard on the iPhone 4S and 5. Its hi-res photos produce great results when printed or when displayed on large monitors, but pose a serious challenge to photo editing apps. Modern Photo Editor allows editing, and saving at full resolution with Unlimited Undo/Redo.
* Saves at full, 8-megapixel resolution
* 10 Image Adjustments – Exposure, Vibrance, Gamma, Temperature, Contrast, Sharpness, Saturation, Brightness, Vignette, Focus Blur
* 10 Spot-Editing Brushes – Brighten, Darken, Saturate, Grey, Accent, Dull, Sharpen, Blur, Blemish, Undo
* 17 Color Filters – Dean, Holmes, Dubai, Hansen, California, Knox, Brooklyn, Dublin, Miller, Leone, Plum, Kobold, Elliot, Garrison, Dachshund, Bonne Nuit
* 15 Textures – Stucco, Fabric, Curtain, Wood, Napkin, Steel, Cotton, Ice, Metal, Weave, Paper, Rock, Wall, Cloth, Snow
* Crop Tool
* Reverting History Log – Revert 5, 10, 20 steps back, Undo/Redo one step at a time
* 5 Orientation Fixes – Rotate R/L, Straighten, Flip Vertical/Horizontal
* 16 Photo Frames – Zealand, Greyhound, Keller, Labrador, Matte, Chow Chow, Dennis, Mastiff, Siberian, Terner, Shepherd, Maltese, Russell, Cavalier, Beagle, Jackson
* Crash and Interruption Recovery – History Log of edits is saved permanently
* Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Email, Message sharing
“It is a full-fledged photo editor, and it is the only photo editor on the App Store that saves at full, 8-megapixel resolution, and also includes a Reverting History Log. The eight million pixels saved by your iPhone camera ought to be preserved through any editing process,” stated the developer Jeffrey Sun. “The key differentiating feature of Modern Photo Editor is that it allows users to save their edited photo at three resolution options: 1 MP, 3 MP, or 8 MP (full). In addition, every edit is recorded in a History Log, and selecting a previous edit will revert the image to that point in time. Undo/Redo buttons facilitate this as well. As a safety measure, the History Log is saved to the device’s permanent memory, so that the app can recover in case of a crash or interruption.”
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 9.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Modern Photo Editor 1.7.1 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Palo Alto, California, and an independent iOS developer himself, Jeffrey Sun looks to support creative indie work wherever possible. He is a budding entrepreneur who studies Computer Science in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Copyright (C) 2012-2013 Jeffrey Sun. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases