Sherlock Holmes 2 – The Black River Emerald gamebook app out now
Guilford, Maine – Sherlock Holmes 2 – The Black river Emerald by newcomer developer AppEndix LLC is both: a book, in fact a complete novel in the best tradition of the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle stories, written by renowned gamebook author Peter Ryan; and an interactive app, in which you attempt to uncover the mysterious theft of the famous Black River emerald from the once-exclusive Belton School for boys in Shropshire. Theft, blackmail and attempted murder are not yet part of the curriculum! And if mystery and danger abound, can Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson be far behind?
Sherlock Holmes 2 is the second of eight Sherlock Holmes Solo Mysteries gamebooks by Iron Crown Enterprises to be published as interactive apps, including one title which was never available in English before. The app is universal (iPad/iPhone) and multi-language: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Brazilian/Portuguese are supported initially.
* New dynamically adapting music
* New atmospheric sound effects
* Supports Portrait and Landscape mode (iPad)
* Create your own detective or play the default character
* Fully automated character/clues sheet and your own digital notebook
* Automatically saves and resumes the story where you left off
* All gamebook rules: virtual animated dice, page flip and random number table
* All the original artwork from the printed book in HD
* Game Center Achievements
* New And Improved: VoiceOver compatible (listen to the text)
Note: This gamebook is an original work. It is not the work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 190 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Sherlock Holmes 2 (v1.0) is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
AppEndix LLC is a startup company bringing back the popular books as interactive apps to the mobile platform. The Sherlock Holmes Solo Mysteries series, originally published by Iron Crown Enterprises, is the first of a number of licensed gamebook series. Crime & Puzzlement 5-minute-picture-mysteries is another series of apps available on the AppStore. Future releases will also include Fantasy and Science Fiction genres. Copyright (C) 2013 AppEndix LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases