After Earth the Mobile Game Lands on the Apple App Store and Google Play
Reliance Games, a leading international developer and publisher of mobile games, in cooperation with Sony Pictures Consumer Products, Overbrook Entertainment and developer Behaviour Interactive, today announced the launch of After Earth on Apple App Store and Google Play.
Based on the action-adventure movie in theaters May 31, After Earth the mobile game lets players take the role of a highly-skilled, peace-keeping Ranger. Armed with Ranger equipment like the Lifesuit and Cutlass, as featured in the movie, players will combat and defeat alien and human enemies while speeding through beautifully designed, untouched landscapes.
After Earth the mobile game features:
- Story Mode: race to beat 20 challenging missions and unlock secret levels in an all-new story inspired by the motion picture
- Run, glide, zipline, and freefall through treacherous environments
- Infinite Mode: explore dangerous yet beautiful environments while honing your skills: how far will you make it?
- Fight human and alien enemies and encounter epic boss battles that take the endless runner genre to the next level
- Experience life as a Ranger: don the Lifesuit, hop on your SkipJack and fight off assailants with the use of a Ranger’s greatest weapon, the Cutlass – an elegant and versatile weapon with 22 different configurations
- Social components let you brag to your friends about your high scores
“With After Earth the mobile game, we expanded the traditional endless runner gameplay to highlight After Earth’s stunning and varying landscape, visionary weaponry and exciting encounters that can happen at every turn,” said Amit Khanduja, EVP Global Business of Reliance Games. “While inspired by the film, the game stands alone as a thrilling mobile game and makes a great addition to the app collection of all social gamers.”
“After Earth the mobile game is the perfect complement to the film,” says Gaetano Mastropasqua, Head of Franchise Development of Overbrook Entertainment. “The mobile game expands on After Earth’s most exciting aspects to create an original, entertaining and thrilling experience that puts players in the shoes of an adventure-seeking Ranger.”
“We are always looking for new ways to enhance the moviegoing experience,” commented Mark Caplan, Vice President, Consumer Products, Worldwide Marketing & Distribution at Sony Pictures Entertainment. “After Earth the mobile game keeps the story running after the film stops.”
In “After Earth,” a crash landing leaves teenager Kitai Raige (Jaden Smith) and his legendary father Cypher (Will Smith) stranded on Earth, 1,000 years after cataclysmic events forced humanity’s escape. With Cypher critically injured, Kitai must embark on a perilous journey to signal for help, facing uncharted terrain, evolved animal species that now rule the planet, and an unstoppable alien creature that escaped during the crash. Father and son must learn to work together and trust one another if they want any chance of returning home. Columbia Pictures presents an Overbrook Entertainment/Blinding Edge Pictures production directed by M. Night Shyamalan from a screenplay by Gary Whitta and M. Night Shyamalan and a story by Will Smith, and produced by Caleeb Pinkett, Jada Pinkett Smith & Will Smith, James Lassiter, and M. Night Shyamalan.
Filed: Android • Featured • Games • iPad • iPadmodo • iPhone • New Apps