Abalone, the famous board game, lands on iOS
AMA is glad to announce that the famous board game Abalone, with close to seven million copies sold around the world, is officially coming to Android and iOS devices on March 21st for $2.99!
Sppa4apps and Cazap have teamed up with the game’s creators Laurent Lévi and Michel Lalet to develop a smartphone and tablet version of Abalone that will appeal to the strategist in you. Take the famous black and white marbles wherever you go. Put your thinking cap on, weigh up your options and make your move.
Abalone is a board game that only takes a minute to learn, but a lifetime to master. Be the first to push six of your opponent’s marbles off the edge of the board to win. Move one, two or three of your marbles with an in-line or broadside move: if your line has more marbles than your opponent, you can push his or her marbles off the edge of the board. Keep a close eye on your positions!
The iOS and Android version of Abalone features around 60 challenges designed by the game’s creators that become progressively more difficult, with realistic sound effects, over 30 game variations and the option for expert players to create their own boards.
Whether going solo or playing against a friend on the same device, take on the Abalone challenge!
“We were both proud and delighted to lend our support to the project and take part in the development of the Abalone app. The app perfectly captures the spirit of the board game, with its simple learning curve, its non-age-specific design and the endless fun that comes from playing with others.” Michel Lalet – Laurent Lévi
- Voted “”Game of the Decade”" at the International Games Festival in Cannes and recipient of the Mensa Select award by American Mensa.
- Challenge mode: 60 progressively difficult challenges for honing your strategic skills.
- Freeplay mode with over 30 official variations.
- Multiplayer mode on the same device for challenging your friends.
- Up to 15 bonus levels to be unlocked by the most dedicated players.
- Enhance your Abalone experience by unlocking achievements
Filed: Android • Featured • Games • iPad • iPadmodo • iPhone • New Apps