24x7digital launches TeachMe: 3rd Grade educational app for iOS
Los Angeles, California – 24x7digital LLC is pleased to announce the availability of TeachMe: 3rd Grade, the fifth installment in the popular TeachMe series of education apps for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. TeachMe: 3rd Grade teaches age-appropriate subjects to third grade children: multiplication, division, sight words, and spelling. TeachMe: 3rd Grade’s unique reward system, TeachTech character recognition, and specially designed learning animations make for a fun and productive learning experience.
TeachMe: 3rd Grade keeps children engaged with a unique reward system where children earn coins which can be used to purchase virtual items in a variety of TeachTown stores. The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. Mimi Mouse, our tireless animated teacher, patiently gives verbal instructions and feedback to encourage the student to learn and succeed! The learning screens are colorful and cycle between different topics so children don’t get bored.
TeachMe: 3rd Grade reads your child’s writing using TeachTech, 24x7digital’s writing recognition engine. Children write their answers for math and spelling questions and TeachMe: 3rd Grade reads them using TeachTech. If your child needs help, TeachMe: 3rd Grade will show them how to write the correct answer including the proper stroke order. The handwriting input mode encourages fine motor skills and penmanship skills, though a virtual keyboard is also offered as an option.
Up to 40 students can be tracked in TeachMe: 3rd Grade without the need for any in-app purchase. Each student has an achievements screen which motivates and encourages learning by showing progress and levels for each topic. Parents can use this screen to quickly see progress of their child. Parents can select which topics they want, set different difficulty levels, and even choose specific questions. Parents may review performance history for each subject to check how their child is doing.
* TeachTech writing recognition
* Achievement screen shows progress and levels for each topic
* Explore TeachTown to spend coins on fun rewards
* House-Builder reward – build a virtual three-room dream home!
* Photo Booth reward – overlay disguise elements on your child’s photo!
* Silly Stretchable Shapes reward (shapes, pets, flowers, dinosaurs. cars, princess, and space themes)
* Virtual Aquarium reward (10 types of fish and 45 items)
* 8 different sticker reward scenes: sky, space, playground, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, farm
* Over 175 different stickers for adding to scenes
* Classroom friendly personalized learning and tracking for 40 students
* Select which topics are displayed for each child
* Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
* Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
* Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
* Tracks performance for each subject item (last five questions)
* Reward scenes can be exported as wallpaper or emailed to family and friends
* Multiplication: learn multiplication math facts up to 12×12
* Fast Multiplication: master multiplication math facts up to 12×12 with timed drills
* Division: learn division math facts up to 14412
* Fast Division: master division math facts up to 14412 with timed drills
* Spelling: 350 3nd grade level words
* Sight Words: Dolch third grade sight words
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
Pricing and Availability:
TeachMe: 3rd Grade 1.0 for iOS is available for $1.99 (USD) and available exclusively through Apple’s iTunes App Store in the Education category.
Based in Los Angeles, California, 24x7digital LLC is a privately funded company founded in 2002 by Rei Yoshioka and Mark Yamashita. Leveraging their longtime experience in development and consulting, 24x7digital’s focus is developing high-quality, easy-to-use apps for Apple’s iOS platform. Copyright 2002-2013 24x7digital LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases