KiteDesk Cloud Productivity App Exits Beta, Goes Mobile
The web version of KiteDesk exited beta today and the company launched a mobile app for iOS users. KiteDesk, which is free on the web and for mobile, unites content from the most popular messaging, collaboration and social media services in a single searchable, shareable, commentable application. Easy to use and customize, KiteDesk is designed for busy consumers and professionals who use multiple cloud services.
KiteDesk brings your favorite cloud services together in one application, so you can spend more time communicating and less time flipping between apps. Email messages, social media posts, contacts, files and calendar events from Dropbox, Facebook, Google, Twitter and Yahoo (Facebook and Yahoo integration are new since the public beta launch in Oct 2012) can be accessed, integrated, searched and shared, right from KiteDesk’s web or mobile application.
KiteDesk can be customized to create contextual cross-service streams for things like “home remodel” or “work project,” based on easy to set up tags and search terms. Streams appear as graphical file cards that identify when, for instance, a Twitter post was made, by whom and about what. Users can click cards to drill deeper or respond. The result is a single inbox, calendar, contact list and file cabinet for cloud services, simplifying access to users’ important information.
For example, a freelance writer may have a personal as well as a business Gmail account for sending article drafts to her editor. She might use Google Drive for submitting expense reports and Dropbox for story photos. She might have Facebook and Twitter accounts for publicizing her portfolio to clients, and personal accounts for staying in touch with friends. With KiteDesk she can tie these accounts together and view relevant content from custom-built, automatically generating data streams, making it faster and easier to access the info she needs.
KiteDesk Main Features
- Connect – All your cloud service accounts in one space
- Streams – The information in your life, organized into contextual streams
- Messaging – Unified messaging with email and social in one inbox
- People – Manage all your contacts from all your services in one place and see a complete history of your emails, posts and files shared with each person in one view
- Events – All your events and appointments, fully editable with rich details and links to personal streams for all attendees
- Files – Quickly find, review and share files from different cloud-based file services
- Search – Search across all your accounts at one time, including social
- Unity – Web and mobile apps work together
KiteDesk is available now at the App Store for free!
Filed: Featured • Free Apps • iPad • iPadmodo • iPhone • New Apps • Productivity