Police Scanner 2 for iOS – App Receives a Rating of "SAFE" by Appoozle
Orem, Utah – Juicy Development today is pleased to announce Police Scanner 2 version 2.2.3 for iOS and Android, their interactive, international, Utility app, which has recently been promoted to a rating of “SAFE” by Appoozle. This rating assures users that the software does not permit malicious activity and/or identity theft. Police Scanner receives more than 2,300 national and international Police, Fire, and EMS streams from 18 countries. The app allows users to alert friends with real time text messages and audio feeds can be recorded and saved.
* Listen to streams in the background while browsing the web or using other applications
* Alerts are automatically sent to other Police Scanner users in a non-intrusive view
* Easy to use tab shows most popular feeds and favorite feeds
* More than 2,300 feeds in 18 countries
* Comes with a glossary of commonly used emergency codes, so users can follow along with the action
* Updates new streams in real time, without having to wait for a new update release
* Users can locate and listen to police dispatch frequencies worldwide
“Since many of our users are police and firefighters, we understand just how crucial the connection is to the audio streams our app provides,” said Tod Hadley, CEO of Juicy Development. “With this update, users can be assured that the app has achieved the highest safety rating available from an independent testing agency.”
The latest version of the app allows users to browse amongst feeds from the following countries: U.S., Australia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and Venezuela. U.S. listings are organized by all 50 states. Fire, Local Police, State Police, Emergency Medical Services, Airports, and Repeaters are heard instantly with the touch of the screen.
In addition to its Browsing capabilities, Police Scanner includes the following functions:
* Favorites – compile a list of favorite channels
* Alerts – send and receive alerts from other Police Scanner users
* Audio Recording – record and save live feeds
* Near Me – feeds in closest proximity
* Recents – feeds listened to most recently
* Codes – glossary of 10 Codes, 11 Codes, 1-37 Codes, Medical Codes, and Police Codes (Offenses)
* Top Rated – list of feeds most listened to on the app
* Social – integrated Facebook and Twitter connectivity
As additional stations, counties, and cities are added, the database is automatically updated, and the stream instantly becomes available to all Police Scanner users. Police Scanner uses the location-aware technology built into the iDevices to help users locate streams near them, or allows them to search through a list of all available streams from around the world. Police Scanner 2 is a must have for on-call volunteer fire fighters, news crews, emergency responders, and hobbyists.
“Police Scanner 2 is the first interactive police scanner application for the iPhone,” stated Brent Anderson of Juicy Development. “Alert friends to emergency broadcast streams in real time with text messages. Police scanner 2 also allows users to record interesting events and save them to replay later.”
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 1.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Police Scanner 2 v2.2.3 for iOS is on sale during May for $3.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Also available for Android. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Orem, Utah, Juicy Development LLC is a privately funded company founded in 2008 by Tod Hadley and Brent Anderson. Taking inspiration from organizations such as Google, early Word Perfect, eBay, and PayPal, Juicy Development’s business model is one that rewards every employee directly for the work they do. Software should be fun, functional, and make your mouth water when you use it. Copyright 2012 Juicy Development LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases