DocAS 4.1 iPad – Annotate/Search PDFs, Audio/Text Notes, Now 80% Off
Santa Clara, California – 9 Square today is pleased to announce DocAS 4.1 – Annotate PDF, Take Notes, Handwriting and Reader for iPad, an update to their feature-packed, best-selling Productivity app that offers powerful document creation, organization, export, and printing features within a sleek, modern interface. With file management, an intuitive document reader, advanced note-taker, advanced handwriting engine, PDF annotation, PDF export, audio note-taking, wireless printing, and more, this update includes support for the New iPad’s Retina display, expanded editing, and enhanced zoom/close-up handwriting. The app is on sale now at 80% off for a limited time only.
Boasting complete capabilities for handwriting, drawing, and typing, DocAS users will quickly realize that this is not an ordinary word processing application. Packed with features too numerous to list, DocAS is the document program for iPad that will cover everything a user needs. Users may import and export documents with Dropbox, iDisk, Google Docs, WebDav, Box.net, FTP Server, Email, embedded browser, URL download, iTunes File Sharing, Photo Library, as well as an “Open-in” capability with additional applications. In the thumbnail view mode, users may drag, move, and organize files between folders. PDF and DocAS Notebook documents may be dragged to merge two documents. Users may easily clone documents, sort documents by name, date, or favorite, or use the Advanced Search to find documents or folders by keyword. The 4.1 update includes improved handling of annotation/note objects. Users may now select, move, copy, cut, paste, and resize these objects.
DocAS 4.1 is equipped with a powerful handwriting engine for smooth, efficient drawing with precise pen strokes and a variety of ink options. DocAS ink options stretch the limits with a color spectrum tablet that includes a wide array of colors and adjustable shades, giving users the ability to customize both. In addition, handwriting stroke sizes are customizable from one to 16 pixels wide. The ability to adjust the stroke size gives users a precise writing experience, much like writing on paper. DocAS features an easily accessible fine-handwriting panel that gives users the ability to insert very small text or drawings into a document. The 4.1 update enhances user experience of the handwriting capabilities of DocAS by adding undo/redo, pen size, pen color, and switch-page functions into the close-up panel.
* On sale now at 80% off for a limited time only
File Management -
* Easily Import and Export documents with Box.net, Dropbox, iDisk, Google Docs, WebDav, FTP Server, Email, embedded browser, URL download, iTunes File Sharing, Photo Library, and “Open-in” with other applications
* Drag and Move files between folders
* Merge two documents via drag and drop
* Easily clone documents
* Trash bin support double-protects documents
* Advanced keyword search for document or folder
* Sort document by name, date, or favorite
* Security password lock for folder/category access
* Now supports the New iPad Retina display
* New control of annotation/note objects: select, move, copy, cut, paste, and resize these objects
* New, enhanced handwriting capabilities: undo/redo, pen size, pen color, and switch-page functions in the close-up panel
* New, improved highlighting of PDF text
* Supports most popular file types including: PDF, MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), iWork (Pages, Keynote), Text/RTF, HTML, Jpeg, PNG, and BMP images
* Search text in PDF documents
* Bookmark and Go-to page
* Resizable zoom ratio
* Air Print (for iOS 4.2 or later) prints full document or current page for PDF, eNote and pictures
* Smooth handwriting engine
* Simple and clean close-up handwriting panel
* Wrist guard eliminates stray marks for ergonomic typing, writing, and drawing
* Bold, italic, and alignment support
* Embed pictures
* Create shapes with lines, rectangles, circles, and ovals
* Highlighters and Erasers
* PDF annotator, text search, and export
* Add audio notes to documents
* Choose form 9 different paper styles
The app includes smart features such as a wrist guard/palm rest feature that senses a user’s palm resting on the device and keeps unwanted document marks form appearing as a result. Eliminating the problem of stray marks due to palms or wrists on the device, this innovative feature allows users to create documents with ergonomic comfort and ease. Intuitive gestures like swiping page turns, scrolling side bar, and easy line switching, make DocAS simple to use.
DocAS allows user to embed pictures, photos, and record audio to place into documents. Users can create photo books to organize and annotate photos, taking DocAS far beyond a typical document application. Shapes including lines, rectangles, circles, and ovals are easily placed, resized, moved, and deleted. Coupled with highlighting, eraser, sticky-note, and page copying functions, document customizations are limitless. Stationary page options include blank pages, lined, graphed, music, templates for business, and more make DocAS the perfect application for work, school, and home.
DocAS provides security options to ensure the privacy of user documents with a password lock for folders. A data backup and restore capabilities further ensure document security. When users want to share documents, they may do so with ease via a myriad of options that include WiFi and iTunes File Sharing.
“DocAS 4.1 is the only document application you’ll ever need,” stated Stone Wang of 9 Square. “DocAS lets you customize all of your documents the way you want them.”
* U.S. English, German, French, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, and Spanish
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 11.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
DocAS 4.1 – Annotate PDF, Take Notes and Reader is normally $4.99 (USD), but is on sale now for just $0.99 for a limited time only. The app is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Santa Clara, California, 9 Square LLC is a pioneer in iOS application development, and provides iOS users with high quality applications. Copyright (C) 2011-2012 9 Square LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases