Avid announces more creative options for movie making on the go
Avid, today announced updates to Avid Studio for iPad – their industry-leading video editing application for the iPad. The latest version will allow users to easily record voiceover to their videos and slideshows, help spice-up videos with 14 new traditions, precisely edit their timeline through expanded finger swipe gestures and create multi-line titles.
The press release appears below:
Avid today announced a significant update to its industry-leading video editing application for the iPad—Avid Studio (1.1). Available immediately at the Apple App Store, the latest version of Avid Studio for iPad delivers new features, including the ability to record voiceover to timeline, more transitions, expanded gestures for enhanced editing precision, among others, that can help any video enthusiast quickly and easily create and share exciting, highly professional multimedia experiences on the go.
“With powerful technology from Avid adapted specifically for the iPad, Avid Studio has quickly proven itself as a feature rich, yet easy to use, video editing app for the iPad,” said Andy Panizza, segment marketing manager at Avid. “We’re pleased to introduce new capabilities in Avid Studio for iPad that provide our users with even more interactive capabilities and creative tools to help them make incredible movies at home or on the go.”
New features in Avid Studio for iPad 1.1 include:
- Record Voiceover to Timeline: Users can now easily record documentary-style narration directly to their videos or slideshows.
- 14 new transitions: New, high-quality dissolves, fades, and more—help users to spice-up their videos and make them flow.
- Expanded gestures: New, frame-by-frame and 10-by-10 frame finger swipe gestures provide users with the accuracy they need to edit precisely to their timeline. When working with source footage, users can now swipe left and right on the preview to advance a clip frame-by-frame, or use two fingers to advance 10 frames at a time. For precision pre-trimming, users can also swipe down to set an in-point, and swipe up to set an out-point.
- Multi-line titles: Offers more flexible title options and makes titles even easier to create and read
- Split Audio and Video Tracks: Allows users to separate audio and video from each other for independent editing of each.
- Precision Trimmer Redesign: Avid Studio for iPad is the only app to offer a unique combination of Storyboard and Timeline features, allowing users to arrange clips in the Storyboard, then edit like a pro with the power of the Timeline and Precision Trimmer. And now, the precision trimmer has been redesigned with enhanced functionality and is easier to use than ever.
- Enhanced Performance: In addition to new features announced today, Avid Studio also offers enhanced performance through the culmination of previous updates and today’s release.
Avid Studio for iPad allows users to begin editing with ease by offering access to any videos, photos and audio already in their iPad library, or media that can be imported from iTunes, cameras and more. They can then share movies directly to YouTube, Facebook and more—or export projects to Avid Studio software, where they can continue editing with even more advanced tools on their PC.
Avid Studio for iPad is available now from the App Store for $4.99.
Filed: Featured • iPad • iPadmodo • Photography • Updates • Video