Ourcast: Social Media Based Weather Forecasts
Ourcast is a new app that provides short term local weather forecasts to its users. In similar fashion to the traffic app, Waze, where participants voluntarily report in about the status of their surroundings, Ourcast also relies heavily on its audience to share updated conditions of their area.
- Forecast page with easy-to-read 10-minute weather forecasts covering the next 2 hours anywhere in the continental U.S.
- Forecasting engine that uses an entirely new statistical approach to weather analysis.
- Storm icons and dBz precipitation readings show whether rain or snow is coming or going at a single glance.
- Map view that you can scroll forward and backward in time to track storm progress.
- Bookmarks of your favorite locations for easy retrieval.
- Report your own weather conditions right on the app’s home screen, joining the Ourcast community and making forecasts better for everyone.
- See your own reports appear in Ourcast’s map view.
- Share you weather conditions easily on social media platforms Facebook and Twitter.
- Email your weather to friends and family right from Ourcast’s sharing menu.
Why bother with meteorologists, when you can receive up to the minute weather forecasts from people who are there! Ourcast is available at the App Store as a free download.
Filed: Featured • Free Apps • iPad • iPadmodo • iPhone • New Apps • Weather