Brandnew Boy: Unreal 3 Engine based 3D iOS Beat ‘Em Up Launches
Seoul, Korea – Brandnew Boy, Oozoo’s freshly launched 3D hand-to-hand combat game for iOS just made its English debut in the US App Store. Brandnew Boy topped iTune’s overall charts in Korea during the previous month, and focus groups that previously previewed the non-English version of the game expressed great anticipation for its English release. Now the development team at Oozoo will see if Brandnew Boy is prepared to conquer another continent.
Oozoo announced early on that Brandnew Boy would be utilizing Unreal Engine, one of the most popular and powerful options for creating breathtaking 3D action via video game. In Brandnew Boy, Unreal’s groundbreaking technologies are used to great advantage, immersing gamers in a non-stop beat ‘em up with beautiful vistas, huge arenas of play, free movement, and of course, incredible combat sequences. Brandnew Boy is unapologetically action oriented, pitting players against legions of baddies and startlingly creative and intimidating bosses.
Brandnew Boy couches its action in the intriguing narrative of Rookie, a young boy who has lost his memory and is stranded in a mysterious and hostile world. His only source of information in the beginning of the game is a semi-functional robot television named Ona-ona. Rookie may not remember who he is, but he clearly has some combat training. Whenever he has a moment to think between battles, he must attempt to piece together his past in order to build some future apart from the bloodthirsty conflict that consumes his present.
Brandnew Boy is available now in the iTunes App Store, for $3.99. The game is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad – see the App Store for specific compatibility requirements.
* An innovative and intuitive new control system streamlines combat for the touchscreen, avoiding clutter, yet allowing for spectacular combos and stunning fight sequences through simple taps and swipes
* Beautifully textured, dramatically lit environments provide the stage for battle after battle in this relentlessly action-packed game
* Cartoon inspired characters unlike any you’ve ever seen inhabit a world unlike any other, engaging in constant combat that makes full use of Unreal Engine 3 power and versatility.
* Enemies use their own particular styles of combat, special attacks, shields, and strengths to bring the hammer down on Rookie, requiring the player to continually improve skills and learn new tactics – and they may attack up to five at a time
* Defeating the game’s haunting, devastating bosses allows Rookie to summon these demon-like fighters on his own behalf as a special attack
* A full arsenal of skills (which the player can level), attire, and special items add another layer of sophistication
* Special missions: Time Attack, Defense, No Skill Clear, and No Damage Clear provide additional goals for ambitious players
* In addition to Scenario Mode, other modes of play will be added in future updates
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 113 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Brandnew Boy 1.0.4 is now $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Oozoo inc, based in Seoul South Korea is making their big splash onto the appstore with Brandnew Boy, created with the Unreal 3 Engine. Oozoo hope their users experience a phenomenal experience through fantastically designed and action packed games for the iOS and Android platforms. South Korea based apps marketing company appsasia has devoted itself to the successful promotion of iOS and Android applications for Korean app developers and publishers. The appsasia team is committed to excellence and strives to provide the best personalized services for their clients in the Korean App Store, International Marketplace and SK T-Store. Copyright (C) 2012 Oozoo Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases