Valkyrie HD – Off to new Adventures on iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and the new iPad!
The wait is over: Valkyrie™, the first add-on for the award-winning science fiction epic Galaxy on Fire 2™ by Fishlabs Entertainment, is now available in High Definition for iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and does already support the new iPad (aka iPad 3) Retina display. The add-on takes up where the main game Galaxy on Fire 2™ left off and puts the series’ protagonist, Keith T. Maxwell, right in the middle of another impending crisis with evil aliens, ruthless space pirates and power-crazy wretches all casting a dark shadow over the universe. Mac users will presumably be able to experience the add-on about four weeks after its iOS release: Valkyrie™ Full HD is currently scheduled for April 2012.
In the last couple of months, the complete graphical overhaul of Fishlabs’ popular outer space adventure’s first add-on was right on top of the company’s agenda together with the development of the recently announced second expansion pack Supernova™. With elaborate new 3D assets for all space crafts, space stations and heavenly bodies as well as spectacular new post-, explosion- and special effects, Valkyrie™ HD looks more stunning than ever before and offers its fans a cinematic experience in AAA-console game quality.
To celebrate the release of Valkyrie™ HD and say “Thank you” for the loyalty and support of its long-time fans, Fishlabs also has two nice surprises up its sleeve. One the one hand, the regular version of Galaxy on Fire 2™ (SD) will be sold for half its original price ($ 4,99/ EUR 3,99/ GBP 2,99) until March 11th, 2012. And on the other hand, all fans, who own the afore-mentioned SD-version of the game, will be able to unlock the red-hot HD-version of the add-on for free. However, the installation of Valkyrie™ HD still requires the possession of an iPhone 4S or iPad 2 as well as the previous purchase of HD-version of the main game Galaxy on Fire 2™ (HD).
Simultaneously with the new add-on, Fishlabs has also released a free Retina update, which optimizes all iOS versions of the main game Galaxy on Fire 2™ and the add-on Valkyrie™ (SD and HD) for the new iPad. Hence, all space adventurers exploring the galaxy on the new iPad will be able to fully showcase the new hardware and enjoy Fishlabs’ flagship title in stunning 2048 by 1536 pixel resolution as soon as Apple’s highly anticipated new tablet is available on the market. As a matter of course, the title’s user interface and all control elements have been re-adjusted for a perfect gaming experience on the new iPad.
Features of Valkyrie™ HD:
• All 3D models rebuilt from scratch for console-quality visuals and a crystal-clear gaming experience on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S
• Assets, such as jump gates and asteroids, feature even more textures and up to four-times the original resolution
• Individual texture sets for all 30 spaceships including diffuse, normal, and specular maps in High Definition
• Enhanced background images and resolution on space environments and planets for a crystal-clear gaming experience on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S
• Additional light sources for atmosphere and breathtaking realism
• Additional OpenGL shaders and post effects as well as heavily revised explosion, engine flare and muzzle flash special effects
• Native support for HD resolutions of 2048 by 1536 pixel (new iPad / iPad 3), 1024 by 768 pixel (iPad 2) or 960 by 640 pixel (iPhone 4S)
Valkyrie™ HD is now available via in-app purchase for the price of $ 4.99/ EUR 3.99/ GBP 2.99
In the course of the launch of Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD – Valkyrie, Fishlabs has also made the infamous Kaamo Club available in High Definition. This floating den of iniquity can either be obtained in-game or purchased via in-app purchase and used as a storage facility for valuable goods and additional space ships.
Filed: Featured • Games • iPad • iPadmodo • iPhone • Press Releases • Updates