Valpak enhances iPhone, Android apps with new features, releases iPad app
Valpak has redesigned its apps for iPhone and Android with enhanced features, and also just released the Valpak iPad app, to offer consumers more on-the-go savings. The full press release appears below:
Savvy shoppers love their apps almost as much as they love saving, with more than 62% of smartphone owners using apps,* often to help them navigate the shopping landscape.
With mobile usage growing substantially, Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc., a leader in local print and digital coupons, has redesigned two of its most popular apps: the iPhone® (iOS) app the and Android™ application. And because tablet usage has more than doubled since the holidays**, Valpak has also unveiled an app for the iPad® tablet.
Consumers can visit the App Store or Android Market to download these free apps, which are now more personalized than ever.
Valpak tested the apps in a controlled study and user feedback fueled the new releases. The apps not only have a new look, they include new features that make it easier for consumers to personalize their savings and save on-the-go anywhere@anytime. And they’re absolutely free.
“Whether shopping online at home with your iPad or out and about with your smartphone, Valpak apps help you spend wisely,” said Nancy Cook, vice president of digital business development. “Valpak app downloads have more than tripled since 2010. And Valpak will continue to evolve and help consumers get the best savings experience possible,” said Cook.
The upgraded features include:
- “Savings For You” feature: Saves consumers time by displaying up to 10 offers most likely to appeal to the individual consumer – those closest to their location and in the most popular categories.
- My Valpak: Personalizes the app and allows consumers to save their favorite places to make it easier to find again and again.
- Valpak Deals: Our newest prepaid coupon concept, now available in more than 55 markets in North America, is now offered on the Valpak apps, giving consumers the ability to purchase deals on spas, restaurants, services and much more at savings from 50 to 80 percent off.
- Notifications: Consumers are notified weekly when new Savings For You offers are available, as well as when purchased Valpak Deals vouchers are due to expire.
- Purchase history: Access Valpak Deals and view purchase vouchers on all Valpak platforms (mobile or web) and take them in to businesses to be redeemed.
- Sharing: Share coupons and deals you like on Facebook and Twitter, or email or text to a friend.
- Printing: New iPad app allows you to print coupons to wireless printers or iMessage them to friends on Apple devices.
- Valpak Exclusives: Sign up to get access to exclusive offers and sweepstakes.
In addition to the familiar Blue Envelope, Valpak is committed to reaching consumers anywhere@anytime through a variety of media including QR codes, augmented reality (AR), digital coupons, and smartphone apps, to bring simplified savings to millions of consumers.
Valpak also distributes its digital content through more than150 online and mobile channels including the Checkpoints App, ShopAtHome, and Yellowbot, junaio and GeoQpons – bringing valuable offers to more consumers and helping businesses reach customers.
As a savings industry leader for 44 years, Valpak continues to grow and evolve using the latest technology to bring consumers the savings they desire and help businesses connect with responsive consumers.
Filed: Android • Free Apps • iPad • iPadmodo • iPhone • New Apps • Updates