Fiske Interactive College Guide 2012 for iPad now available
The legendary Fiske Guide to Colleges, created by former New York Times education editor Edward B. Fiske, is now available as both an iPad and Web-based app.
Fiske Interactive Web marks the first time that students and parents can access the comprehensive guide’s 300+ school profiles online via CollegeCountdown.com.
For a one-time fee of $19.99, families can search through profiles and photos of the 316 “best and most interesting” colleges and universities in the U.S., Canada, and Great Britain featured in the Fiske Guide to Colleges 2012.
Fiske Interactive also allows families to go beyond the book and organize their college search with the following resources and tools:
- Plan your college tour with built-in Google map function
- Find school deadlines and application dates
- Email admissions departments directly from the app
- Browse each college website
- Check out comparable campuses (“overlap schools”)
Fiske Interactive also allows parents and students to quickly and easily organize their top choices using lists and notes:
- Flag schools for a second look or a visit
- Categorize the schools you are interested in by using the “Safety Schools,” “Probable Schools,” and “Reach Schools” list feature
- Add notes about each school
Fiske Interactive is also available as an iPad app ($19.99). A sync feature, which is expected to be available in March, will allow users to sync their notes on each school between the iPad and Web versions.
Filed: Education • Featured • iPad • iPadmodo • New Apps