Appmodo’s Top 10 Halloween iPhone Apps
With Halloween right around the corner, 15 days to be exact, we found it to be the perfect time to investigate the best Halloween related applications that exist in the App Store.
There were over 2 pages worth of applications to choose from, which made some of the decisions quite tough. So today we bring you Appmodo's Top 10 Halloween iPhone Apps list.
Top 10 Halloween iPhone Apps
10. At the bottom of the list is an game called The Creeps! by Super Squawk Software. We reviewed the game earlier this year and had a fun time. The Creeps is a tower defense game where you must kill all things that go bump in the night. Fun little game for all ages. Sells for $0.99.
8. Taking the 8th spot on our countdown is Halloween WordSearch by FinBlade. The app features a handful of backdrops, gesture control for selecting text, spooky sounds and a "scary soundtrack". Perfect app for all ages and helps pass time! Sells for FREE.
7. The 7th application of the top 10 Halloween iPhone apps is called Mystery Mania from Electronic Arts. Mystery Mania is an award winning point-and-click adventure and puzzle game featuring 27 levels of mysterious action, traps, "crazy conumdrums", and scary characters. Perfect for young children and adults alike. Sells for $3.99.
6. Developed by Big Smash Studios Haunted Cemetery takes you through 10 levels of scary creatures including bats, spiders, zombies and other monsters as a 2D first person shooter game. With 3 difficulty levels to choose from, your sure to spend hours playing this game. Suitable for older children due to violent content. Sells for $1.99.
5. The 5th app called DieMonstersDie! takes you on another zombie slaying adventure in a 2D animated form. We had a chance to review the game recently and were pretty happy with the application. The game includes five upgradeable weapons – a chainsaw, Uzi, flamethrower, guided rocket launcher, and a laser gun and has a plethora of evil characters that try to kill you. Suitable for older children due to violent content. Sells for $0.99.
4. In 4th place we have MonsterKill by Origin8. Also reviewed by our writers, MonsterKill is a slightly different tower defense game where you must use gesture controls to summon spells against a variety of mini-monsters such as The Mummy, Count Dracula, Werewolves, and Frankenstein. The game also features multiple game modes, OpenFeint connectivity, iPod library access, and more. Suitable for all ages. Sells for $1.99.
3. Everyone can't survive Halloween without hearing a couple freaky sounds. Taking our 3rd place is an app by the name of Free Halloween Sounds by Pixel Narrative which features 15 different scary sounds including witches laugh, flying bats, growling monster, creaky door, chainsaw, howling wolf, and more. Best part about it, the app is FREE.
2. The Halloween app coming in at 2nd place is called Zombie Pizza by Appy Entertainment, which is an entertaining but slightly disgusting game where you must use quick reactions to sort the ingredients for the pizzas. Go too slow on feeding the Zombies and you'll become Zombie food yourself! No one can survive Halloween without a little zombie pizza with guts. Suitable for all ages, cartoon fun. Sells for $0.99.
Zombieville USA is hands down our favorite zombie killing, brain munching, shoot-em-up Halloween game (check our review for game tips). Developed by Mika Mobile, the game features 15 upgradeable weapons ranging from shotguns, handguns, chainsaws, rockets, flamethrowers, baseball bat, sledgehammer, katana, and more. The control scheme is a simple left and right construction with an endless amount of levels. Zombieville USA is the perfect application to get you in the mood for Halloween fun! Just make sure you don't go beating up other kids while trick-or-treating. Sells for $1.99
Please post your comments, tips, and your own reviews below in the comments area!
Filed: Games • iPhone • News • Top 10