T-Mobile and Cozi partner on new MobileLife Family Organizer
Cozi and T-Mobile today announced the new MobileLife Family Organizer, an application and online service that makes managing busy family schedules simple with a shared calendar, shopping lists, to-do lists, family journal and more. The app, available for Android, iOS and Blackberry, also includes the family message board, a feature exclusive to T-Mobile customers that allows families to leave messages for each other via email and text message. The press release appears below:
SEATTLE and BELLEVUE, Wash. — October 7, 2011 — Cozi and T-Mobile USA, Inc. today announced the availability of MobileLife® Family Organizer (MLFO), an application and online service that makes managing busy family schedules a snap with a shared calendar, shopping lists, to-do lists, family journal and more. The application is available for consumers who use smartphones running on Android™, iOS, and BlackBerry® and is conveniently pre-loaded on new T-Mobile devices including the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 and the recently announced T-Mobile®myTouch™ and the T-Mobile®myTouch™ Q.
Cozi is the No. 1 online and mobile family calendar and organization service, and the MobileLife Family Organizer is a version of Cozi’s service customized for T-Mobile customers that enables busy families to keep up with appointments and lists, coordinate work and home schedules, and share favorite memories and photos in one place. It includes a family calendar, to-do list, shopping list, family journal and the family message board, a new feature currently exclusive to T-Mobile customers, which allows families to leave messages for each other over email and text-message.
Additionally, MLFO provides a cohesive, cross-platform experience for families, making it easier to keep everyone updated and connected. For T-Mobile, the availability of MLFO marks the first time the company has launched a branded application across OS platforms, offering it for download in four marketplaces: Android Market™, Amazon Appstore for Android, Blackberry App World™, and Apple’s App Store.
“T-Mobile knows that mobile devices are often the hub through which families connect and share. Our partnership with Cozi presented the perfect opportunity to develop an application that would help families not only stay more connected but feel more organized while on the go,” said Torrie Dorrell, vice president of applications, content and gaming at T-Mobile USA. “The MobileLife Family Organizer simplifies everyday life, acting as the family’s ‘personal cloud,’ that enables reliable access to shared calendars, to-do lists and other resources across our devices as well as PCs and Macs.”
“There is no question that mobile is the ‘missing link’ to bring online utilities such as calendars and to-do lists to families,” said Cozi CEO Robbie Cape. “Cozi is thrilled to announce T-Mobile as our first mobile operator partner. The value of T-Mobile’s service, devices and ongoing commitment to families makes us proud to launch our service with them.”
MLFO features include:
- Family Calendar – Get everyone on the same page with a shared online calendar that’s color-coded by family member. Send reminders to yourself or members of the family using text, email or from your customized MLFO family home page.
- Grocery Shopping Lists –Recall your grocery and shopping lists from any mobile device, PC or Mac – anytime, on the go.
- To Do Lists – Easily track and manage tasks to complete by sending to-do lists by text or email to anyone in the family.
- Family Journal – Jot down memories as they happen, add a photo from an online gallery or take a new one — all while out and about on your Android or iOS device. The journal keeps family memories in one place – similar to a family blog but easier to update and manage.
- Photo Collage Screensaver – Make collages automatically on your computer using your stored photos.
- Sync with Microsoft Outlook – Conveniently merge professional and personal calendars by syncing your family calendar with Microsoft Outlook to ensure there are no missed appointments and no double calendar entries.
- Widgets – Add a calendar, shopping list or to-do list widget to the home screen of any Android device on which MLFO is installed for quick access to family schedule and lists.
- Family Message Board –Broadcast a message to one or more family members with a single click of a mouse, as all registered MLFO users can easily access this service from the Web client at www.t-mobile.com/calendar.
Additional information about MLFO can be found at www.t-mobile.com/calendar.
Cozi is a free Web and mobile service that simplifies busy family life. With Cozi, families have the tools tomanage schedules and activities with an online calendar, track grocery lists, shopping lists and to do lists, organize household chores, and share family moments with relatives and friends—all with one solution. Families can access Cozi from any computer at home or at work, and can get their grocery list, shopping list, to do list,schedule and messages on any mobile phone. Located in Seattle, Wash., Cozi was founded by veterans of Microsoft and Amazon with a vision for creating technology tuned to the family. Cozi has over 4 million registered family members, and is available for free at www.cozi.com.
About T-Mobile USA, Inc.
Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile USA, Inc. is the U.S. wireless operation of Deutsche Telekom AG (OTCQX: DTEGY). By the end of the second quarter of 2011, approximately 128 million mobile customers were served by the mobile communication segments of the Deutsche Telekom group — 33.6 million by T-Mobile USA — all via a common technology platform based on GSM and UMTS and additionally HSPA+ 21/HSPA+ 42. T-Mobile USA’s innovative wireless products and services help empower people to connect to those who matter most. Multiple independent research studies continue to rank T-Mobile USA among the highest in numerous regions throughout the U.S. in wireless customer care and call quality. For more information, please visit http://www.T-Mobile.com. T-Mobile is a federally registered trademark of Deutsche Telekom AG. For further information on Deutsche Telekom, please visit www.telekom.de/investor-relations.
Filed: Android • BlackBerry • Featured • Free Apps • iPad • iPadmodo • iPhone • New Apps • Productivity