Apple highlights Where To? as iPhone App Of The Week
Munich, Germany – FutureTap having sold more than 300,000 copies, Where To? is the most successful local search app on the App Store. The recently updated Where To? 3.7 shows business hours of the destination. A compass-like arrow always points the user in the right direction. It also links the destination to Google Earth and U.S. turn-by-turn navigation app MotionX GPS drive.
* New – app version: Where To? 3.7
* New – Shows business hours of destination
* New – Directional arrow on detail page
* New – Linking of destination to Google Earth
* New – Supports MotionX GPS drive for directions in the U.S./Canada
* New – Improved VoiceOver support for the visually impaired
* New – Added localization for Brazilian Portuguese
* Local Search for the iPhone
* Finds 2,400 brands in 700 categories
* Exhibits locations on a map or in list format
* Augmented Reality: Local search results superimposed onto the live camera video
“We’re thrilled being honored by Apple this way”, says Ortwin Gentz, FutureTap CEO and Where To? lead developer. “We have more exciting features to share soon.”
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 11.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Where To? 3.7 is only $2.99 US (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively on the App Store under the “Navigation” category. The Where To? 3D Augmented Reality module may be tested free of charge for 30 days and can subsequently be unlocked via In App Purchase ($0.99 US). Where To? is winner of the 2009 and 2010 “Best App Ever” awards in the “Best Travel App” category.
FutureTap was founded in 2008 by Ortwin Gentz with the mission to create innovative and easy-to-use apps that fully leverage the iPhone user interface concept. The first app by FutureTap is Where To?, acquired from tap tap tap. Where To? is just the beginning, more apps are being planned. Copyright (C) 2008-2011 FutureTap. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases