AccuWeather and Microsoft Deliver World Class Weather to Windows Phone Users
AccuWeather and Microsoft today announced that AccuWeather for Windows® Phone is now available for download from Windows Phone Marketplace. The app, developed using the Windows Phone Developer Tools, utilizes Windows Phone’s unique features, like Live Tiles that enable the app to automatically update forecasts for selected locations right on the phone’s Start screen.
“With its glance and go format and weather updated by the hour, AccuWeather is a great example of the kind of rich applications that people will find on Marketplace to ensure that they get the most out of their Windows Phone,” said Todd Brix, senior director, Windows Phone Marketplace, Microsoft Corp. “Windows Phone is backed by a rich developer ecosystem that continues to create a variety of quality apps and games, like AccuWeather for Windows Phone, that take advantage of the phone’s unique features and design,” he continued.
“AccuWeather for Windows Phone is very quick and easy to use,” said Pascal Racheneur, AccuWeather Vice President of Interactive Media. “It has instant access to all of the weather features you need, including our accurate and localized forecasts for global locations, our RealFeel® temperature, and our severe weather alerts. Some of the other cool features include panoramic views, Bing maps, and nicknaming of your favorite places with easy swiping between each location.”
AccuWeather for Windows Phone is available as a free download in the Windows Marketplace. Features include:
- Accurate and localized forecasts for locations worldwide. Updated each hour, forecasts are hourly for the next twenty-four hours, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next ten days.
- Panoramic views with easy swiping between stored locations. Seven locations and your current GPS location can be stored with nicknaming capability.
- Current weather conditions displayed with location name and time, temperature, wind speed, wind gust speed, and wind direction; humidity, visibility, UV Index, cloud cover, pressure, and times for sunrise and sunset.
- Day and night weather forecasts which also include precipitation and amounts, wind and wind gust speed, and the RealFeel temperature – AccuWeather’s proprietary weather algorithm that is the only true measure of what the weather actually feels like, based on eight key weather variables.
- Severe weather alerts visibile from all screens.
- Multiple weather displays, including animated radar and satellite maps, interactive Bing maps, and current, broadcast-quality weather videos with many available in both English and Spanish.
- Option of choosing between metric or imperial units.
- Special lifestyle forecasts, such as conditions for specific sports and other outdoor activities.
About AccuWeather, Inc.
AccuWeather presents accurate, localized, branded forecasts and severe weather bulletins each day to one quarter of a billion persons worldwide via the free AccuWeather.com website, mobile devices and IPTV, through the airwaves, and in print. The 116 meteorologists at AccuWeather also deliver a portfolio of customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as providing content for more than 50,000 third-party Internet sites, including the wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News Mobile, and WABC-TV New York. Visit www.accuweather.com for more information.
Filed: Featured • Free Apps • Press Releases • Weather • Windows Phone 7