Advanced realtime night vision software for iPhone: True NightVision
Warrington, United Kingdom – Advanced realtime low light video enhancement is now available on the iPhone, without additional hardware. True NightVision 1.5 uses cutting edge video technology to deliver incredible low-light vision on iPhone 4 and 3GS, not just for photos but live video (in smooth, sharp HD on iPhone 4).
Cameras struggle with low light scenes, but advanced processing techniques can literally turn a black picture into daylight. Now British software developers Interealtime bring this technology to the iPhone with True NightVision, using cutting edge video enhancement to deliver incredible low-light vision not just for photos but live HD video.
When it’s way too dark for the iPhone camera, True NightVision can enhance the image using advanced light amplification technology so you can see what is out there. It works best in low light, such as a night with a full moon (it will not work in very dark conditions – this is beyond the limits of current iPhone camera technology).
True NightVision is a serious night vision app with powerful digital zoom and a selection of color filters for enhanced night time viewing. But it’s also fun, with live effects such as thermal imaging that look great during day or night and work together with enhancement. Take HD photos (iPhone 4 – lower resolution on 3GS) with enhancement and effects. And all with full, smooth, live video.
* Live, adjustable night vision enhancement. Enhance as much or as little as you want to get the picture just right
* Smooth, fast, live fullscreen display. True NightVision runs at 25fps in normal mode! All enhancement and effects are 100% live
* Powerful live zoom (4x on iPhone 3GS, 8x on iPhone 4)
* Optional 4x amplification to boost the image even further
* Fully iPhone 4/Retina optimised, and runs in HD (1280×720) resolution on iPhone 4
* Super Mode (the S button). Super Mode significantly enhances picture quality and light levels, but runs at a slightly lower speed (10fps, still fast!)
* Multiple live color modes: Full Color, Black and White, Red, Green and Blue filters
* Negative mode. Sometimes produces better images, also makes a cool X-Ray effect
* Built-in camera, captures exactly what you see on screen and saves automatically to your photo library (saves at 1280×720 on iPhone4, 640×480 on 3GS)
* Built-in image viewer
* Supports multitasking, even with other camera apps
* Built-in binocular simulation
* True NightVision works whichever way you hold your phone – landscape, portrait, even upside down
Multiple live effects:
* Thermal Image (this is a video effect, not real thermal imaging)
* Monochrome Banding: Highlights patterns of light and shadow in unexpected and artistic ways
* False Color: Creates a colorful yet richly detailed image
* Posterize: See the world in a limited palette of colors
* Night vision in extremely dark or pitch black conditions is not possible with current iPhone camera technology
* Thermal imaging is a video effect only – the iPhone does not include a thermal imaging camera
* True NightVision is not compatible with older models or the iPad. HD (1280×720) is only supported on the iPhone 4
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and 4th Gen iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.1 or later
* 0.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
True NightVision 1.5 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Interealtime was founded by Chris Wood in 2007, with a focus on realtime software design for Mac OS X. Since then focus has expanded to iOS development, and the company currently works on pushing the boundaries of mobile video and photography with high-end realtime processing and innovative software design. Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Interealtime. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases