iPhone App Helps Spanish Students Learn and Think in Spanish
San Diego, California – As a motivated student of Spanish, app developer Matt Fischler was not happy with traditional self-help approaches to learning Spanish, such as flashcards or rote memory. So with a team of native Spanish speakers, he developed an app that permits the Spanish student to construct immersive English-to-Spanish translations in an entertaining game format.
Spanish Touch Trainer provides the student with a fun and innovative way to learn, practice, and improve Spanish skills through an intuitive process. Word-level skills of vocabulary and verb conjugation will be improved; but more importantly, the student will be gently guided to think in Spanish by producing the correct words in the correct order – the key to acquisition of any language.
Features of Spanish Touch Trainer:
* The user will become familiar with grammar and vocabulary through contextual associations. Flashcards and rote memory are eliminated.
* Each time the user accesses a particular sentence, word choices are automatically randomized.
* After completing a sentence, the user can listen to a recording of the sentence by a native Spanish speaker.
* Verbs are referenced and conjugated.
* Spanish Touch Trainer app works with iPhone(R), iPod touch(R), and iPad(R) platforms.
Users have found the new Spanish Touch Trainer app easy to use and helpful for a wide range of skill levels in Spanish. Karen Freeman of AppAdvice called the new app “a fun and effective supplement to your Spanish studies. The focus of this niche app is verb conjugation, arguably the hardest part of learning Spanish for a native English speaker. Spanish Touch Trainer takes advantage of the iDevice functionality to take the monotony out of textbook study and drills. It has a beautiful user interface and feels game-like, though it is a serious learning tool.”
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.1 or later
* 9.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Spanish Touch Trainer 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Located in San Diego, California, Appocado(TM) was founded in 2010 by Matt Fischler. Appocado(TM) is a small design team devoted to making rich, quality software applications for mobile devices running iOS and Android. Copyright (C) 2010 Appocado. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases