MegaReader 2.0 for iOS – iPad Native eBook Reader/1.8 Million Free Books
Beaverton, Oregon – Inkstone Software today is pleased to announce MegaReader 2.0 for iOS, an update to their best-selling, customizable iOS eBook reader that gives users access to over 1.8 million free books on the Internet. The version 2.0 update now makes MegaReader a universal iOS app, ideal for running native on iPad’s large screen. Featuring in-app connectivity with such book catalogs as Feedbooks, Project Gutenberg, Baen Free Books, Smashwords, and the Internet Archive, both classic and modern books may be downloaded free and stored indefinitely. In addition to native iPad compatibility, MegaReader 2.0 now supports multi-column display. The update is available free to existing users.
MegaReader 2.0 supports native screen resolutions of the iPad, iPhone Retina display, and iPhone, making it virtually three apps in one. Text is always as sharp and clear as possible, in both portrait and landscape modes, because the app does not need to compromise quality to accommodate a non-native display resolution. MegaReader is highly customizable, allowing the reader to select from 31 fonts, over 100 font sizes, text justification, margin and line spacing, designer color schemes, and thousands of colors. The app comes with six built in catalogs offering access to over 1.8 million free public domain and modern indie eBooks. Users can also import their own DRM-free EPUB eBooks using the free Calibre eBook management software, and import text with copy and paste and Instapaper 2.3.3.
* Access millions of books from within the MegaReader app
* Download, store, share, and enjoy millions of free books, anytime, anywhere
* MegaReader is now iPad native – ultra-sharp and clear text display
* Settings include: font, font size, space between lines, margin width, right justify, page and text colors, color schemes
* Displays in both portrait and landscape modes
* Configure multi-column display on iPad
* Import articles, web pages, email and more with the MegaReader Pasteboards
* MegaReader works with cataloging apps iBookshelf and MyLibrary
* 26 complete books included, such as Siddhartha, Pride and Prejudice, The Art of War, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Adding to MegaReader’s extensive customization, MegaReader 2.0 is the first eBook reader on the iPad that allows readers to configure the number of text columns. The user can choose from a standard 1-column book display, a 2-column magazine format, or a 3 or 4-column newspaper layout. This allows the reader to choose the layout that is most comfortable for them. It is also useful for people who wear bifocals or progressive glasses and have a limited field of vision, allowing them to read without moving their head from side-to-side when reading wide lines of text.
“The MegaReader app is a fantastic way to explore the nearly two million public domain titles freely available from the Internet Archive’s BookServer catalog. We are thrilled to contribute to Inkstone’s efforts to bring the enjoyment of these books to readers around the world,” said Peter Brantley, Director of the BookServer Project, Internet Archive.
* US English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 4 optimized)
* Universal application
* 11.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MegaReader 2.0 is $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category. Special group pricing is available for schools. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the Inkstone Software team is an independent software development company found by Patrick Thompson. With their strong blend of design and development skills, Inkstone’s passion is to craft elegant, easy-to-use applications for iOS devices. Copyright (C) 2010 Patrick Thompson. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases