TappyTaps’ Geotag Photos gets Geotagging App of the Year from Macworld
Prague, Czech Republic – Geotag Photos Pro has been selected by Macworld’s editors in App Gems Award 2010 as the “Geotagging App of the Year”. This is not the first award that this TappyTaps’ application has received recently, as Geotag Photos Pro was also evaluated as the ‘Best on the Test’ by the UK magazine, PhotoPlus, and also received the ‘Pixelmania’ award from a Dutch service-provider which deals specifically with photographers.
Geotagging of photos is becoming more and more popular – with support from photo organization software (Google Picasa, Google Earth, Apple iPhoto or Aperture) and from social online services (like Flickr, Locr), it helps people to improve the organization of their photos and share them together with location data. However, most cameras cannot record the location itself, as this would require a costly, built-in GPS system. Geotag Photos Pro provides a simple solution to this problem, by using the GPS capabilities of the iPhone or Android-based device to record a log of the user’s location at specified time intervals. TappyTaps’ desktop application then uses the uploaded log to match log entries with the time each photo was captured by any (DSLR or compact one) camera.
TappyTaps releases new updates of their solution on a frequent basis, which is one of the reasons why it has established itself as the most popular geotagging solution for the iPhone. It supports all the modern features of iOS 4.x, such as multitasking support, iTunes file-sharing and so on. TappyTaps also recently released the Android version of Geotag Photos Pro.
“We are happy, that not only our customers, but also the editors of the prestigious magazine Macworld have recognized our application and awarded it the App Gems of 2010”, said Jindrich Sarson, CEO of TappyTaps.
* Geotag Photos Pro 2.6 enables the addition of geospatial metadata to digital photos taken by any (DSLR or compact one) camera
* Exact locations are logged at user-set intervals by the iPhone or Android application
* Geotag Photos Pro offers various logging modes, from continuous to manual
* TappyTaps’ desktop app matches logged location data with photos taken by any camera, and saves location data in standard metadata format
* The desktop application supports all major operating systems (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux)
* supports multitasking of iOS 4 & Android OS
* support of JPG and RAW file formats (more than 30 file formats – like NEF, DC2, DCW, …)
* export of location data to GPX standard format, using the iTunes file-sharing function or by email
* Photos can be searched or sorted by location after tagging, using a wide range of viewing applications – such as iPhoto or Aperture on Mac OS X, or Picasa on Windows and Linux
* FREE lite version is available – for customers to test all the features before buying
iPhone and Android version is available
Pricing and Availability:
Geotag Photos 2.6 for iOS is only $3.99 (USD), and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category. The Lite version of Geotag Photos is available free of charge. Geotag Photos Pro for Android is $2.99, and is available worldwide through the Android Market in the Travel category. Geotag Photos Pro is now available in English, German, French, Spanish and Czech languages. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Prague, Czech Republic, TappyTaps (formerly Sarsoft) is a software development company specializing in applications for mobile operating systems, including Apple iPhone, Google Android and Windows Mobile. Jindrich and Jan Sarson, and markets 6 innovative products founded the company in 2009, so far. Copyright (C) 2010 TappyTaps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPhoto are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Android and Picasa are trademarks of Google, Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft, Inc. Flickr is a trademark of Yahoo, Inc.
Filed: Press Releases