CookCalc Weighs In: Quick and Easy Volume and Weight Conversion for iOS
Brisbane, Queensland/Australia – Nigel Green Software Development today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of CookCalc Version 1.0 for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Converting different weight and volume measurements, CookCalc is useful not only in the kitchen, but in any situation where these are used.
The most noticeable and unique feature of CookCalc is that it does not rely on the standard on-screen keyboard for input that is provided by most iOS Apps, but uses its own unobtrusive numeric keypad and custom keys to enter the units and measurements to be converted.
While using CookCalc in the kitchen to convert cooking recipes is where some may find it, due to the portability of the supported devices, some other example uses could be converting pool, spa or fish tank capacities for chemical treatments, working out car fuel consumption, converting water usage or even converting weights and volumes for freighting goods internationally.
For those that like to complement their decor with a splash of color, CookCalc has a choice of 10 different color schemes available.
Volume: US Liquid Gallons (gal), Litres (litre), Imperial & Metric Cups (cup), Millilitres (ml), Imperial & Metric Tablespoons (tbsp), Imperial & Metric Teaspoons (tsp). Weight: US Pounds (lb), Dry and Liquid Ounces (oz), Kilograms (kg), Grams (g), Milligrams (mg).
* An easy to use, unobtrusive interface
* Results are displayed instantly, as the measurements and units are entered
* A Universal App made for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad makes this a truly portable App
* Supports iOS 4.2 multitasking
* Takes advantage of the high resolution iPhone 4 Retina display
* 90 different possible conversion combinations
* 10 different color schemes
* Decimal fractions can be used to enter part measurements such as 0.5 for 1/2 Cup
* Convert measurements as small as 0.01 and as large as 99,999,999
* Results are accurate to 2 decimal places
* When converting Ounces and Weights, Dry Ounces are used. When converting Ounces and Volumes, Liquid Ounces are used
* Made for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
Pricing and Availability:
CookCalc, Version 1.0 is $0.99 USD (or equivalent in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively on the App Store in the Utilities category. For more details please visit Nigel Green Software Development online. Members of the media may contact Nigel to request a free promotional code for review purposes.
Located in Brisbane, Queensland/Australia, Nigel Green Software Development is owned and operated by Nigel Green, a developer of iPhone, iPod touch and iPad Apps. All Material and Software (C) 2010 Nigel Green Software Development. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, iPad and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Filed: Press Releases