How To Print on iOS Without AirPrint Using PrintJinni for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
Late last month, Apple released a new iOS 4.2 update which enabled a feature called AirPrint on the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. We showed you How to Set Up AirPrint with iOS 4.2 on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad with an HP compatible printer or by setting it up manually (albeit not the easiest way). Now we’re going to show you how to print on iOS 3 and iOS 4 without AirPrint, using an app called PrintJinni for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
So what is PrintJinni? PrintJinni for Epson allows your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad with iOS 3 and iOS 4 to easily print Microsoft Office PDF’s or images from any Mobile Me, Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, AOL or other email accounts, to any Epson wireless all-in-one printer on either a Mac or a PC computer.
PrintJinni app features include:
- Connects to Epson wireless all-in-ones over a wireless network
- Previews and prints without the need for an intermediate computer, additional software or printer drivers
- Prints PDF, Word®, Excel® and PowerPoint® documents (Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007, Macintosh versions 2004 and 2008), and JPEG e-mail attachments
- Enhances iPad user experience
- New user interface optimized for the iPad’s larger screen size and rotation capabilities
- Improved browsing of e-mail attachments and downloaded files
- More robust document search and a simplified printing workflow
- Email and print Pages, Numbers and Keynote documents
- Provides simple set-up and e-mail attachment support for Apple MobileMe, Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, AOL, and other IMAP-based email accounts
- Delivers secure encrypted communication for mobile printing
- Supports iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch
For more information visit Epson’s website.
Filed: Business • Featured • How To • iPad • iPhone • Utilities