Food Fight! Interactive Childrens book updated to 1.1
Elsternwick, Australia – With new ‘Read To Me’ modes read by the author himself, touch any word to have it read, mini-map for fast navigation and auto-follow for portrait modes, 1.1 of Food Fight! is a huge update that takes what has been described as ‘…the most beautiful iOS children’s book yet’ to a new level.
Food Fight! 1.1 is featured in the TUAW’s Holiday Gift Guide: Interactive books for children, and is available on iOS and Android.
Food fight is a wonderfully bright original story which tells the story of Tim, a boy from earth and Sammy, a sausage from somewhere else altogether. They meet and instantly dislike each other, but are they so different after all? As they work through their differences, Tim and Sammy deal with issues of one-sidedness, prejudgement, food intolerance and ultimately, conflict resolution all in a light heated, fun story.
Food Fight has been specially remastered for the iPad and iPhone/iPod touch by Jelly Biscuits using the original illustrations and text from Glenn Melenhorst’s popular children’s book, with Glenn’s input and feedback at every step (and even his voice for the read mode!). The collaboration has created an interactive experience to delight both young and old.
From the author: “I have received so many wonderful responses to the book that I am thrilled to re-release it to a wider audience and a brand new batch of young readers. I always write foremost to please myself so I hope you get a kick out of reading ‘Food Fight’ to your youngsters.”
Food Fight 1.1 features:
* Over 80 interactive elements and sounds, interactive content on every page
* Studio recorded voice reading by the author of the book, Glenn Melenhorst, with word-by-word highlighting
* Word by word narration – touch a word to have it read to you
* Automatic page turn option to have the whole book read to you, or Reads As You Turn
* Mini map for fast navigation through the book. Easily jump to any page (just tap timmy’s head), and control Read modes
* In portrait orientation the auto-read zooms in on and follows the individual pages as the book is read
* 3D interactive page turns
* Find the 5 hidden stars to unlock a bonus page
* Retina support
* Universal version for iPad/iPhone/iPod touch
* Book aligns to any orientation
Pricing and Availability:
Food Fight 1.1 is $3.99 USD and available through the App Store in the Books category, and available on the Android Marketplace for Android 2.2/touch devices.
Located in Melbourne, Australia, interactive book and app developer Jelly Biscuits started designing mobile apps in 2008. With a background in visual effects and graphic design they like to explore and play. Copyright 2008-2009 Jelly Biscuits. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases