SharkWatch! Version 2.0 iPhone App for Shark Devotees Hits iTunes
San Diego, California – Fortuna Mobile today is pleased to announce the release of SharkWatch! Version 2.0 for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. SharkWatch! is a social networking app, dedicated to shark sightings and education. Whether you’re a surfer, diver, researcher, beachgoer, or just interested to know about sharks nearby and around the world, SharkWatch! is your must-have app.
SharkWatch! users can share their shark encounters with other users of the app, as well as through email and with Facebook and Twitter friends; browse through sightings posted by the SharkWatch! community; find out which species of shark may get up close and personal at the local beach; learn about documented shark attacks dating back to the 1800s; peruse through beautiful images and detailed information for the various shark species, and more! Whether you revere or fear sharks, you will find plenty to captivate your mind and curiosity in SharkWatch!
Position-Based Shark Sightings:
* Want to know if sharks have been spotted in your neck of the woods? Just choose the “nearby” feature to list user sightings in order by distance from your current location
* Check out encounters around the world by using the Map All feature
* Each sighting includes associated images, details of the encounter, and a link to detailed information about the species of shark involved
* If you’ve been fortunate enough to have had your own shark encounter, share your experience with the world by creating your own posting. Share your posting through email and with your Facebook and Twitter connections, right from the app
Identify Shark Habitats:
* Discover the types of sharks known to inhabit nearby waters by your current location
* Easily navigate to detailed information and striking photos for each species
* Change to landscape mode to open the Regional Map, the key to knowing worldwide shark distributions
* The Regional Map is interactive, and will take you directly to the listing of species living in your area of interest
* Read through the documented accounts of shark attacks that occurred throughout the world, dating back to the 1800s
* The database is regularly updated to include the most recent attack information
* Read detailed accounts of some of the most famous shark attacks in history, complete with images associated with each incident
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 5.4 MB Hard Drive space
What’s New in Version 2.0:
* Users are now able to enlarge each photo used in the application by viewing the photo in landscape mode.
* Each shark sighting posting includes a link to detailed information about the species of shark involved.
* Shark sighting postings are fully editable by the poster.
* Bug fixes.
Pricing and Availability:
SharkWatch! 2.0 is only $0.99 USD, and available exclusively through the iTunes App Store in the Social Networking category. Visit the SharkWatch! website for more details and FAQs, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Send us an email with your questions, comments, or suggestions.
Fortuna BMC Inc., dba Fortuna Mobile, is an innovative mobile application development corporation, based in San Diego, California. Copyright (C) 2010 Fortuna Mobile. All Rights Reserved. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases