Zombieville USA Updated, Buy More Ammo!
The hugely popular Zombieville USA shooter game for the iPhone and iPod Touch has been updated to version 1.2. These changes are not applied to the free version of the game. For those of you who haven’t played this game, unless you are afraid of zombies, blood and a little bit of gore, well–you should. It’s super addicting, and really entertaining.
After a long meeting at the office, break out Zombieville and get some of your frustrations out on some zombies. In Zombieville USA, you are a heavy-breathing hunter who can be armed with various weapons, shooting the walking dead as he moves from level to level. You can duck inside homes to pick up more ammo, or cash.
Prior to the 1.2 update, at the end of each level you could purchase new weapons, but not more ammo. The problem with this is that as the game gets violently harder (level 30+), you run out of ammo very quickly. I’ve personally only managed to get to level 33 before dying miserably as a swarm of zombies attack me in some sort of weird karate-chop maneuver. At least they’re kind of cute.
With the Free 1.2 version update, the game offers:
- The ability to purchase ammo at the end of each level
- Listen to your own music instead of the (rather groovy) default track
- The game honors the Mute switch on your device
They’ve made some performance improvements, along with some higher resolution artwork, although I couldn’t tell the difference with this update. Being able to buy more ammo is going to allow me to easily break my previous records.
Here are a few of my Zombieville USA tips. Please respond with your own!
- If you have a lot of ammo for smaller weapons, hang out at the end of the level you’re on and blast away zombies left and right to build up cash for bigger weapons
- Use the homes to duck inside (even if you’ve already picked up what’s in there) when the zombies gang up on you. There’s no time limit in this game, so use the element of surprise on them when they least expect it
- When coming out of a house you can come out shooting (tapping the shoot area as opposed to a direction arrow)
- When using the shotgun (as with the chainsaw) you are better off waiting until the zombie is close to you, as the impact is far greater than when he is walking toward you
- Remember that this is a multi-touch game, so use it to your advantage by shooting while you’re walking. This also works great with the chainsaw… just walk right through those zombies and they don’t touch you!
Please post your tips and advice or records below!
Please post your comments, tips, and your own reviews below in the comments area!
Filed: Featured • Games • iPhone • Updates