algoriddim Debuts djay for iPad App on the App Store
Starnberg, Germany – algoriddim, creators of the award-winning software djay for Mac, today is pleased to announce its djay for iPad App is now available on the App Store. The app takes advantage of the enhanced audio capabilities of iOS 4.2 and leverages iPad’s innovative Multi Touch interface to bring users ever closer to the experience of mixing on real turntables.
Since its release, DJ’s and audiophiles have viewed iPad as the next frontier for creating and mixing their favorite music. djay for iPad delivers the audio capabilities and interface necessary to stretch the limits of any music maker’s creativity to make this vision a reality. The app directly links the user to their iTunes music library providing easy access to their favorite tracks, enabling them to get spinning and making music right away.
Helping to blur the line even further between touchscreen and vinyl is djay for iPad’s remarkably low latency, providing an ultra-responsive and realistic scratching experience. Furthermore, the app offers eye-popping waveforms that allow users to mix their songs visually as well as automatic detection of a song’s tempo and rhythm for easy synchronization and seamless, beat-matched transitions between songs.
“djay for iPad takes the idea of iPad as a portable sound system to a whole new level,” said Karim Morsy, CEO of algoriddim. “By combining direct access to a user’s iTunes music library with our intuitive dual-turntable and mixer set-up designed exclusively for iPad, the djay App lets users of any skill level explore the world of DJing. From Automix to live performance, djay for iPad was designed to be the ultimate solution for aspiring DJs and professionals alike.”
With one of the most realistic dual-turntable interfaces currently available and algoriddim’s cutting-edge audio technology powering a host of new features, djay for iPad will keep even the most seasoned spinner engaged for hours. Professionals can tactilely spin records the way they would when utilizing professional equipment, adding an entirely new tier of user interaction with iPad’s large, high-resolution display and innovative Multi Touch interface. djay for iPad follows the highly-acclaimed releases of djay 3 for Mac, the Vestax Spin controller, and djay Remote for iPhone and iPod touch.
* Direct Access to a User’s iTunes Music Library: Browse your entire music library and easily select, play, mix and scratch your favorite songs;
* Automix Mode: One of djay’s most popular features now incorporated for iPad. Automix blends an iTunes music playlist into a continuous mix with automatic transitions;
* Live Recording: Capture your mix in pristine audio quality to share with the rest of the world;
* Seamless AirPlay Audio Integration: Stream your mix wirelessly to Apple TV, AirPort Express station, or any AirPlay-supported speaker dock, AV receiver, and stereo system;
* Visual Mixing with Waveforms: Mix music visually, using stunning overview and detail to seamlessly cue to specific points;
* BPM Sync: djay’s automatic beat and tempo detection allows users to easily match the playback speed of two songs for a perfect transition with the click of a button;
* Pre-Cueing: Preview and prepare the next song with headphones (requires optional split output adapter);
* Auto-Cut Scratching: Lets you scratch in sync with the song’s beat and rhythm while djay operates the crossfader automatically;
* Multi-Tasking: Run djay in Automix mode and listen to a continuous mix running in the background while you surf the web or play games.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 2.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
djay for iPad 1.0 is only $19.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
algoriddim is a Germany-based software company specializing in cutting-edge audio and multimedia applications for Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Its mission is to develop software that is intuitive and user-friendly, yet offers the quality and power of professional level software. algoriddim consistently seeks out innovative methods for accommodating the needs of its customers, and its flagship music software, djay, is now serving a broad international audience of music lovers, professional DJs and world-class musicians. Copyright (C) 2010 algoriddim. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases