TrueHDR 2.1 brings choice and control to HDR photography on iOS
Boston, Massachusetts – Pictional LLC today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of TrueHDR 2.1, an update to TrueHDR, a high dynamic range (HDR) photography app that is one of a highly select group of fifty apps named by Apple to the “App Store Essentials Hall of Fame” in November 2010.
TrueHDR’s latest release offers an all new “Natural” mode for taking stunning photos with realistic, natural colors; faster processing; and low image noise. With the addition of “Natural” mode to complement the existing “Enhanced” mode, TrueHDR now offers two distinct HDR styles on iPhone 4, 3GS, and iPod touch 4G, giving users greater control to achieve the look they want.
TrueHDR is designed to address the issue that cameras can only capture a limited range of brightness in a single photo. In other words, when people take photos of a scene that has a large range from bright to dark, they often have to choose between the bright areas and the dark areas. TrueHDR enables you to take two pictures at different exposures, and then takes the best features of each and merges them into one picture that has vivid colors and details in both the shadows and sun.
TrueHDR’s all new “Natural” mode was built from the ground up using the latest image processing techniques, leading to beautiful true-to-life colors, reduced image noise, and faster processing speed. With two outstanding HDR modes (“Natural” and “Enhanced”), TrueHDR picks up where Apple’s HDR leaves off, offering better HDR photos with more realistic details and greater user control.
TrueHDR also offers users choices in how they capture the original (pre-HDR) images. TrueHDR’s Rapid Autocapture mode makes it easier than ever to take HDR pictures – it automatically measures the brightness of different parts of a scene, and chooses the optimal exposures to capture the most detail. TrueHDR also offers SemiAuto and Manual capture modes which give users more control in choosing exposure points. Users can share their HDR photos from within the app using Facebook, Twitter, or email.
* Choice of Natural or Enhanced modes, with Natural for the most realistic look and Enhanced for slightly more vivid colors and contrast – pick the look you like
* All new Natural mode gives you beautifully natural true-to-life colors, faster processing, and reduced image noise
* Easy capture with Rapid AutoCapture mode
* Greater control over exposure points with SemiAuto capture mode and manual mode
* Automatically saves original images for use with desktop HDR programs if desired
* Works on iPhone 3GS where the native camera does not offer an HDR option
* Full support for front facing camera in all three modes (Auto, SemiAuto, and Manual), making composing and taking self portraits easier and more fun than ever
* Convenient sharing features (Facebook, Twitter, email)
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 4.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
TrueHDR 2.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category. Promo codes for review purposes are available upon request.
Pictional LLC, located in Boston, Massachusetts, is dedicated to creating computational photography and imaging applications. Applications and algorithms developed by Pictional are based on the solid foundations of computer vision and signal processing. Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Pictional LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases