Save Money on College Textbooks with Free iPhone App
The leading college textbook price comparison website, BIGWORDS.com, has developed a free iPhone app called BIGWORDS. This is a new service for “on the go” students that finds the cheapest textbooks on the Internet according to the specific requirements of each student. The BIGWORDS iPhone App saves students $225 on average multi-item textbook orders.
For almost 10 years, BIGWORDS has been reducing the high cost of textbooks
with its proprietary Multi-Item Price Optimization(TM) technology, which
maximizes promotions and minimizes shipping. BIGWORDS scours the Internet
and provides students the lowest total cost for their entire textbook
order, finding books 50% cheaper than bookstores and 20%-60% cheaper than
other online retailers on average.
The BIGWORDS iPhone App for Textbooks brings the full range of comparison shopping options to iPhone users. Whether roaming campus or panicking over schedules, students can use the BIGWORDS App to find the best prices as soon as they have a syllabus in-hand.
- Multi-Item Price Optimization(TM) which calculates the cheapest
combination of stores for multi-item orders, maximizing coupons and
- Support for New, Used, Textbook Rentals, International Editions, and
- Support for personalized affinity program discounts like B&N
Membership and Amazon Prime
- All the latest coupons and promotions calculated automatically
- Ignore copy and ignore seller to find the cheapest textbook that suits
the specific needs of the student
- Share bookbags with other students or teachers to streamline their
process for online or mobile purchase later
- Compare all delivery options for best price and optimal delivery times
- “Buy Now” or “Save Bookbag” options expedite orders or allow for more
shopping later in a single order
BIGWORDS plans to update the app in November and plans to add the service to other devices such as the Blackberry.
Filed: iPhone • Reference